Currently featured in Apple's "Everything changes with iPad" campaign showing how much learning has changed with this very powerful tool!
Montessori Letter Sounds is a multi award-winning app to get your children on the road to reading!
It works in 4 easy steps:
- From the age of 3: “I spy” to play sound games.
- Around 4 years old: “Letter sounds” to memorize the letter sounds and shape.
- Between 4 and 5: “Mix and match” to bring together the two first steps.
- Around 4 1/2 years old: “Sound it out” to write their first words using a moveable alphabet.
All four steps are included in this version but two games are locked at first and get unlocked as the children play and win marbles. This ensures progressive learning.
The settings offer:
- Script, Cursive or Capital letters
- *Our unique "foreign language" option, which enables children to play with the letter sounds in one of the four languages while listening to the instructions in their native language.
Children also benefit from a “Toolbox” offering:
- A phonetic alphabet
- A notebook
- A sandbox to trace letters freely
- An image box (great for vocabulary)
This version includes English, Spanish, French, German and Italian with a unique "foreign language" option to start learning another language!
In each step, children will find a learning activity and a game to help them put their learning into practice. Self-correction is encouraged throughout the app to increase self-confidence. The system keeps track of marbles won by each player. Marbles are used to unlock games and levels and to stimulate learning.
Parents Choice Gold Medal 2012
Common Sense On for Learning Award
Featured by Apple
We founded EDOKI (launched as “Les Trois Elles Interactive” in 2010) to bring our classroom experience with hundreds of children to the Digital world of tablets. As certified teachers, our aim is to develop a range of truly educational as well as beautiful apps based on the Montessori Method. All our apps can be used at home or in class. They can also be used by speech therapists. We are proud winners of several Awards from the Parent's Choice Foundation and Common Sense Media. For any support, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edoki apps: edoki.net
We added the iOS 9 "Replay" function to record tracing in the app. With this function, children can enjoy recording their writing activities and then share them with friends & family. Only accessible to devices updated to iOS 9.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Beautifully designed, polished, fun, and provides lots of work. Well done, developers.
Well executed app. Great for young children who may not necessarily attend a Montessori school.
My son has really got the hang of it.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- EDOKI ACADEMY
- 186.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Les Trois Elles Interactive
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.