Over 4 million people now bank with Monzo to spend, save and sort their money.
BANKING MADE EASY
• Get better visibility and more control over all your money. Open a full UK bank account from your phone, for free. You don't need to show us proof of address to sign up (we use your date of birth instead).
• Or move everything to Monzo using the free Current Account Switch Service. It's fully guaranteed, takes one week and we can set it up in minutes.
PICK AN ACCOUNT THAT SUITS YOU
It's our mission to make money work for everyone, so we've created different accounts for different needs.
• Monzo Personal Accounts
Our original, free account. With instant spending notifications, easy ways to send money, Pots for separating your savings and more.
• Monzo Joint Accounts
Bring your money together with our free joint account. Pool your resources with someone to make life easier to manage. See who's paying for what, set spending budgets and we'll send both of you a separate card.
• Monzo Business Lite
The best of Monzo but for your business, with no monthly fee. A full UK current account including mobile and web access, free instant UK bank transfers, budgeting, digital receipts, award-winning customer support and more.
• Monzo Business Pro
Your business' finances taken care of, for £5 a month. A full UK current account including everything in Business Lite, plus Tax Pots, integrated accounting, multi-user access for limited companies, invoicing and more.
KEEP YOUR MONEY SAFE
• Just like any other bank, your eligible deposits up to £85,000 are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (or FSCS for short).
• And compared to other UK banks, we're 4x better at stopping card fraud, and 3x better at stopping identity theft.
MANAGE YOUR SPENDING
• Get notified the second you pay, set budgets for things like groceries and going out, and get warnings if you're spending too fast (if you want them). Plus, fee-free spending abroad, and we don't mark up the exchange rate.
GET ON TOP OF YOUR BILLS
• Pick a Pot to pay bills from, so you can't accidentally spend the rent. We'll tell you if they're higher for the upcoming month, and remind you if you're running low. When they're due, we pay them for you - easy.
SAVE FOR THINGS THAT MATTER
• Earn interest from a growing number of savings options. Automatically put money aside when you spend, round up payments to watch the pennies turn into pounds, and choose images to stay focused on your goals.
GETTING PAID WITH MONZO IS MAGIC
• If you're paid by Bacs (most people are!), then we can advance you your salary a day early, for free. Then effortlessly sort your salary between spending, bills and savings. All your money neatly separated so you can't overspend, but still under one roof. A heads up: we can stop offering get paid early, or change this service, at any time.
AND THERE'S MORE...
• Easy, instant bank transfers. Split bills with a tap, and send money with just a link, or over bluetooth to anyone nearby. And we're here with friendly human help, if you need us.
BUILDING WITH YOU
• We've built a new kind of bank, and we've built it together. We care about being open and doing what's right by our customers.
• Our community of customers are at the heart of everything we do: they chose our name, have suggested features and helped us decide what to build. We'd love you to join them.
DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
"Monzo? It might just be the future of banking." — The Guardian
"A bank for people who hate banks." — Bloomberg
"Monzo is a bank designed for the world we live in today." — TechCrunch
Monzo Bank Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (No. 09446231). Eligibility and T&Cs apply.
We fixed a pesky bug where some customers with a Business Lite account couldn't upgrade to a Pro account. Now, everyone can upgrade to their heart's content.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Don’t usually leave reviews however this app has made mobile banking awesome. I love getting notifications with every payment I make (online and in-store). I found that the most effective feature I use is that it shows how much money you have but then it also shows the money you have left with your future payments coming out so you know exactly how much you have to actually spend rather than always working it out like my old bank. Everything is so clear and simple. Although I absolutely love this bank I’m not gonna reduce the stars for a minor issue: I understand when making an online purchase or paying something store things the app requires you to approve it via the app. Never had a problem apart from one time I was making a purchase and when I went to authorise it actually didn’t go through properly. The payment came out of my bank but they didn’t receive it through the other side even though they could see a payment was made. They noticed there was a payment issue and I think it might of been the authorisation when coming in and out of the apps via mobile apps. Anyhow, monzo have been good to me and contacted me through their online chat and I contacted the other company where the payment will be reversed which I’m currently waiting on. Super friendly, like talking to a normal person. Because of that I’ll keep it as 5 stars.
Great, quick app and it has some extremely useful features such as budgeting, the ability to freeze your card if you misplace it and excellent customer support, after a recent large purchase which would have taken me over the maximum card limit, a few chat messages later and they increased the limit for me. They also sent me a statement needed for an application which arrived the next working day. Push notifications never miss and they send you a spending report at the end of the month too. It really is a great alternative to the mainstream banks ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
In terms of improvements for the future I’d like to see the ability to have the app available on more than one device at a time and have an iPad specific app. The ability to pay in for free at a post office would be much more convenient too rather than relying on chargeable PayPoint which failed twice when I tried to pay cash in, instead I had to pay in to a Santander account at the Post Office and transfer it over. Also the ability to pay cheques in through the app (like Lloyd’s), especially when Monzo are a digital, app based bank. It seems very old fashioned, time consuming and insecure posting them off.
Banking re-thought and done properly
I don’t often leave reviews for apps but Monzo has changed the way I bank/save. Immediate notifications on spends and the ability to add notes and receipts on each transaction works brilliantly. After spending for a short time you have the ability to search and filter on particular transactions to determine how much you’ve spent and average spend. Set up payees and send money is simple and quick. Saving pots are easy to set up and I find it great to keep savings separate. The coin jar is a great feature (rounding up each transaction to the nearest pound) for saving little bits at a time is brilliant and it builds up quicker than you’d expect. I know some people moan about Apple Pay being missing but I’m sure it’ll come soon which will then make the experience even better. I started using Monzo just over a year ago and I’ve since made it my main account including all my direct debits and have my salary paid in. It’s always improving and am excited to see how it develops in the near future. If you’re thinking of joining I can’t recommend it highly enough. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.