Over 4 million people now bank with Monzo to spend, save and sort their money.
BANKING MADE EASY
• Get better visibility and more control over all your money. Open a full UK bank account from your phone, for free.
• Or move everything to Monzo using the free Current Account Switch Service. It's fully guaranteed, takes one week and we can set it up in minutes.
PICK AN ACCOUNT THAT SUITS YOU
It's our mission to make money work for everyone, so we've created different accounts for different needs.
• Monzo Plus
The account that puts money in your hands. Full financial visibility, with your other bank accounts and credit cards all in one place. Get interest on your money, personalised budgeting, a holographic card and so much more.
Our original, free account. With instant spending notifications, easy ways to send money, Pots for separating your savings and more.
• Monzo Joint Accounts
Bring your money together with our free joint account. Pool your resources with someone to make life easier to manage. See who's paying for what, set spending budgets and we'll send both of you a separate card.
• Monzo Business Lite
The best of Monzo but for your business, with no monthly fee. A full UK current account including mobile and web access, free instant UK bank transfers, budgeting, digital receipts, award-winning customer support and more.
• Monzo Business Pro
Your business' finances taken care of, for £5 a month. A full UK current account including everything in Business Lite, plus Tax Pots, integrated accounting, multi-user access for limited companies, invoicing and more.
KEEP YOUR MONEY SAFE
• Just like any other bank, your eligible deposits up to £85,000 are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (or FSCS for short).
• And compared to other UK banks, we're 4x better at stopping card fraud, and 3x better at stopping identity theft.
MANAGE YOUR SPENDING
• Get notified the second you pay, set budgets for things like groceries and going out, and get warnings if you're spending too fast (if you want them). Plus, fee-free spending abroad, and we don't mark up the exchange rate.
GET ON TOP OF YOUR BILLS
• Pick a Pot to pay bills from, so you can't accidentally spend the rent. We'll tell you if they're higher for the upcoming month, and remind you if you're running low. When they're due, we pay them for you - easy.
SAVE FOR THINGS THAT MATTER
• Earn interest from a growing number of savings options. Automatically put money aside when you spend, round up payments to watch the pennies turn into pounds, and choose images to stay focused on your goals.
GETTING PAID WITH MONZO IS MAGIC
• If you're paid by Bacs (most people are!), then we can advance you your salary a day early, for free. Then effortlessly sort your salary between spending, bills and savings. All your money neatly separated so you can't overspend, but still under one roof. A heads up: we can stop offering get paid early, or change this service, at any time.
AND THERE'S MORE...
• Easy, instant bank transfers. Split bills with a tap, and send money with just a link, or over bluetooth to anyone nearby. And we're here with friendly human help, if you need us.
BUILDING WITH YOU
• We've built a new kind of bank, and we've built it together. We care about being open and doing what's right by our customers.
• Our community of customers are at the heart of everything we do: they chose our name, have suggested features and helped us decide what to build. We'd love you to join them.
DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
"Monzo? It might just be the future of banking." — The Guardian
"A bank for people who hate banks." — Bloomberg
"Monzo is a bank designed for the world we live in today." — TechCrunch
Monzo Bank Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (No. 09446231). Eligibility and T&Cs apply.
Introducing archived Pots! Now you can see all the Pots you've ever archived and even reopen them (apart from Savings Pots).
Just tap 'Edit' from your Accounts list to get started.
Ratings and Reviews
About The whole of Monzo bank
There is only 1 Word what can sumup the Monzo branch and that is fantastic well actually to be honest I can think of loads of words to sum up the Monzo branch like superb great excellent and lots more because since I have banked with them they have done everything and anything they possibly can to help me with whatever I needed help with like I have never known another bank what has got so many options of what they can help you with and even with personal problems because I suffer from mental health and anxiety which I've never spoke to anyone about any of my mental health but since I've been with Monzo and I see that they are there to actually help you with anything and help you through difficult times and someone to talk to because they are so helpful and understanding and it's jus so nice to know and have something there that I could just jump straight onto my apps and have a look what things they could help me with if I need to talk about a problem i might have and then I just tap on it and then straightaway they are there to help me with anything so I'm so thankful to the Monzo team. And also to anyone who are thinking about wanting a bank account or changing to another bank ID SAY THAT MONZO IS WITH OUT A DOUBT THE BEST ONE OUT OF ALL OF THEM AND ID NEVER CHANGE SO ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SO SO MUCH TO MONZO DONT NO WHAT ID DO WITH OUT YOU MANY THANKS Mr D Sams 🎉GREAT BANK 🎉
I originally saw people paying with Monzo when I used to work in retail. I’ve been with Monzo for over 2 years now. They are by far the best Bank I have had dealings with, you can see the time and effort that goes into this online bank and I am 100% sure others like me really appreciate how simple and easy going this bank is.
The reason why I’m writing this review is because they recently temporarily blocked my account for unusual activities, which can be distressing to see however I have done the same sort of transactions with my other bank accounts and not one of them flagged that as suspicious. Which weirdly enough doesn’t give me much confidence in holding my funds in those other accounts. The whole process of Monzo blocking my account didn’t really scare me or cause me much distress as they directed me towards a blog which gave me all the information on what I need to know and it gave me a peace of mind. Before I knew it they updated me through the app, telling me they have completed their checks and I can proceed to use my account again.
thank you very much Monzo
I’ve been with Monzo for several years now and while I generally find the app to be good and feature wise, ahead of the curve compared to the big banks, it’s just not reliable enough. There have been several occasions where the app has just stopped working for no apparent reason, requiring a complete reinstall to get working again. Today was the worst yet. I have just endured through a panic stricken 15 minutes trying to withdraw money from a savings account only to be repeatedly presented with “time-out” messages, and similar error messages in other parts of the app. Absolutely nothing in the app was working at all, not even the help section, so it was impossible for me to contact support. Logging out caused the app to crash and I was then unable to log back in. Alternative methods of contact are not shown anywhere and the help section on the website is useless, blaming my internet connection or email account (which are both working perfectly). Deleting the app and reinstalling it fixed the issue but I would not have known to do this, and would have had no way to find out, had I not been previously told to do so last time something went wrong. I’m going to switch I think, once I’ve emptied my savings account. For a bank that operates ENTIRELY within an app, even occasional episodes such as this are totally intolerable, especially if I’m going to be cut off from support at the exact time that I need my money.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Monzo Bank Limited
- 308.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Monzo Bank Limited 2021
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.