** Kirkus Reviews - Kirkus Star
** Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice
** Common Sense Media - 5 Stars
** Parents' Choice Awards Recommended
** Apple New and Noteworthy
JUST MOO IT! Sandra Boynton’s best-selling book of all time comes alive with sound and movement and gloriously unpredictable interactivity. The wryly inventive Moo, Baa, La La La! digital book app will intrigue and amuse little kids and big people alike, and perhaps even elicit an appreciative snort from the occasional uninvited rhinoceros.
“This is my second digital book project with the perfectly wonderful team at Loud Crow,” says Sandra Boynton, “and I’m really happy with what we’ve created together. As with The Going to Bed Book, our interactive book app version of Moo, Baa, La La La! succeeds in retaining the original board book experience, while adding multi-sensory dimension. It’s such a cool enterprise.”
Far beyond any e-book experience, the Moo, Baa, La La La! interactive book app has all the magic and appeal of a traditional pop-up book, offering lively interactivity and nifty discovery. Of course you can hear each animal make its unique sound. (In some cases, VERY unique.) But there’s more! Help the perplexed chicken stagehand raise the curtain on a stageful of dapper dancing pigs. Turn day to night with the touch of the moon. Slingshot the running cats away from the barking dogs. A touch of the duck activates a quack which brings in another duck. And another. And another. Even the back cover has a curiously articulate spokesman that you really mustn’t miss.
* The second Boynton Moo Media book app (following their top-selling debut, The Going To Bed Book app), venturing far beyond what an e-book experience can offer
* Touch the animals to hear them moo or oink or quack or even, in the case of three incongruous showbiz pigs, harmonize
* Boynton has redrawn and recolored the original illustrations for her most popular book ever, Moo, Baa, La La La! (over 5 million in print!)
* Includes an original instrumental soundtrack, "Country Air"; a wonderful uptempo pastoral string quartet written by Michael Ford
* Realistic page turning interactions just like the original board book
* "The Big Guy Reads It"; with word highlighting to help improve reading skills
* Or “I want to read it myself” and hear individual words pronounced with the tap of a finger
Visit us: www.loudcrow.com
Follow us: twitter.com/loudcrowinc
Like us: facebook.com/loudcrow
iOS 10 compatibility
Bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
Decent but short and expensive
It’s a good interactive book but it’s quite short and expensive for what you get compared to other apps.
Very charming book and great for bedtimes.
It's a pity that upon starting the book the title is read out twice, along with the credits. If the credits page wasn't read out this would be perfect!
Brillant, my 19 month old can
My 19th month old loves pointing at all things in picture books so tried this. He loves it, he has deserted all the peekaboo apps and gets very cross if I don't select it. He's also learnt very quickly how to manipulate the screen like drag and hold. It's brilliant for train journeys and entertaining too, it's so silly I can't get annoyed at it.
The book has a setting so you can either have it read to you by the big man who has a lovely soothing voice, or move the marker in the middle so when you point at word he just says that word or have the voice off completely, so should hopefully make this app worthwhile for some time.
- Loud Crow Interactive Inc.
- 36.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Loud Crow Interactive Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.