Based on the second edition of Chris Manley’s ‘British Moths’, this astonishing resource covers 2147 species of moth found in Britain and Ireland. This comprehensive resource presents beautiful photographs and details text for all species, plus maps for all resident species.
• Over 3200 beautiful photographs, carefully chosen and displayed
• Informative text including flight season, wing span, food plant, and identification tips
• Maps for all resident species
• Comparison mode, including suggested similar species
• Everything stored offline; no need for wifi or a data connection
• Choose to display only macro or only micro moths
• Quickly and elegantly move between species by swiping up or down
• Colapse all open lists in the side drawer with a single pinch gensture
• Search for a species using English name, Scientific name, Bradley number, or new Log number
• Base app contains over 870 full species accounts; an In-app Purchase gives access to more than 1200 more species, all new in the second edition of Chris Manley's ‘British Moths’
• Access to content from UKMoths (available via an internet or data connection)
Bug fixes for iOS 13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nice but . .
Very useful, but as the owner of a physical copy of “Field Guides to the Moths of Great Britain and Ireland “, it is annoying to have to be prompted to buy the app as well.
I am absolutely delighted with the new version. In fact there is no comparison with the original app. I love everything about it. I have used the map feature to select all moths found in my area by adding them as favorites. Brilliant feature. Now I'd like to be able to add favorites from another area by using a range of secondary colours if that's possible.
You can even compare two moths that are puzzling you.
I had to pay £4.99 to get the latest information which is in the updated book. Well worth it! Well done!
Love this app - we're going to learn loads from it. It justifies the purchase of our iPod by itself.
Great pictures, there IS a search function (pictured above...), but no identification key. I don't know much about moth and butterfly id (yet!) - maybe it would be too hard to create a key.
Let's hope these guys are working on a flower app of the same quality, 'cos if they are I'm going to buy it as soon as it is available!
- NatureGuides Ltd.
- 1.9 GB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © NatureGuides Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Second Edition New Species £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.