Motors and Generators lets you build a motor or generator in stages - either as a 3D model or in 2D showing animated field lines. You’ll use it to cover:
• How a wire with a current moves in a magnetic field
• Why motors use loops of wire
• Why motors need a commutator
• The differences between commutators
• The output of a generator in an oscilloscope
• Magnetic field lines in motors and generators
• Fleming's left hand rule, Fleming's right hand rule and the right hand grip rule
Field line animations run more smoothly
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works perfect and very interactive!
Perfectly matched up to what the students need to know at GCSE Physics. A lot of settings you’re able to change to visualise different set ups. When the students asked “what ifs..”, then can easily show them on the app and they can see why, then I can explain how. The fields line are shown clearly and demonstrate the catapult effect.
Small nit picking comment: The UI resolution doesn’t look as nice on the iPad Pro (or with Retina screen).
- Sunflower Learning Ltd
- 38.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Sunflower Learning Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.