The innovative Moves4Me app is supporting adults to stay physically stronger for longer by improving access to resistance exercise training.
Muscle strength is required by everyone of all ages to remain independent and physically active.
Move it or lose it - we can't stop getting older but we can aim to be stronger.
The Moves4Me exercise app is specifically designed to promote strength, balance, and prevent falls in older adults.
The app has been designed by clinical experts and uses evidence based assessments and specially designed exercise programmes to promote independent living.
The Moves4Me app brings a personal trainer to your home, removing access barriers to exercise for older adults.
The tailored exercise programmes are simple and easy to follow with instructional videos of each exercise.
The 12 programmes and approximately 100 exercises progressively challenge participants' to improve their strength and balance in the comfort of their own home.
The assessments and activity based reports allow participants to track improvements in ability and support continual progression.
Why is Moves4Me so successful?
1. TEST - Moves4Me assesses participants' initial level of strength and analyses movement and confidence. Based on assessment, the intelligent analysis system recommends a baseline programme for safe and effective results. The app prompts participants to undertake a regular reassessment allowing the opportunity to adjust the exercise programme according to individual requirements.
2. TRAIN - Each programme level contains 8 instructional exercise videos that demonstrate the effective technique of each exercise, with a simple step by step guide. The commentary provides key technique guidance and number of repetitions to be performed for optimal improvement.
3. RECORD - Following each training session the number of exercises and repetitions completed can be recorded and saved as a personal training record for review at any time. The app also asks how difficult the session was found to be, and based on the response recommends adjusting the intensity of the programme giving a personal programme every time it is accessed.
4. REPORT - The reports analyse participants' progress. Stars are awarded for regular exercise completion, empowering and encouraging participants to continually strive to improve.
Minor screen layout bug fixes along with enhancements including support for a free trial of the Moves4Me app.
- Digital Health and Well-Being Limited
- 23 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Digital Health and Well-Being Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.