Mslexia tells you all you need to know about exploring your creativity and getting into print.
No other magazine provides Mslexia's unique mix of debate and analysis, advice and inspiration; news, reviews, interviews; competitions, events, courses, grants. All served up with a challenging selection of new poetry and prose.
Mslexia is read by top authors and absolute beginners. A quarterly masterclass in the business and psychology of writing, it's the essential magazine for women who write.
'diverse and brilliant' Fay Weldon
'intelligent and creative' Time Out
‘inspired, inspiring, invaluable’ Sarah Waters
'my favourite women's magazine' Wendy Cope
'the best I've read on the subject' Independent
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is available. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive back to Autumn 2007. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£1.99 per month
£19.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the latest issues.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this magazine but you can't buy individual issues via app. It's not clear where to access subscription info and once I found it won't load a price or an option to purchase.
All writers should invest in a Mslexia subscription
If you're published or unpublished, writing or just thinking about writing you will find a subscription to Mslexia akin to a constant, reliable old friend who understands you like no-one else and a ceaseless source of comfort, guidance and inspiration. You'll read each issue the whole way through and come back to bits again and again. It really does cover everything a writer cares about and offers plenty of opportunities to submit your own work.
This digital edition will never get dog-eared or torn and also gives you access to back issues from #35. A worthwhile investment without a doubt and to lapsed hard copy subscribers with a penchant for technology this will refresh your enthusiasm for what is surely the best magazine for writers out there. You can take it with you everywhere!
Fresh thinking, well written - a brilliant read!
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 12.7 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Copyright © 2018 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Mslexia £1.99
- Mslexia £19.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.