It's the perfect introduction to classical music for children aged 4 and above.
Find out where you hear music, who writes it and what all the instruments sound like. Meet the great composers and be wowed by the orchestra.
Tap any words or pictures and hear the text narrated, extracts of music, and dozens of animations and sound effects. The animals can dance, sing and play!
Ideal for children to enjoy alone or together with a parent, this app is bursting with different pieces of music. It will fire the imagination of children and delight parents.
A full album of music includes Grieg’s Peer Gynt, Mozart’s Magic Flute, Williams’s Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Saint-Saëns’s Carnival of the Animals, Holst’s Planets, Stravinsky’s Petrushka, Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf and many, many more.
“…a venture that gives the project of introducing children to proper music its biggest boost since Peter and the Wolf.”
-The Sunday Times on My First Classical Music Book
* An interactive iPad version of the hugely successful My First Classical Music Book, published by the world’s largest independent classical record company, Naxos.
* Three main sections: When? Where? / People / Instruments.
* Friendly, engaging narration – tap on any piece of text to hear it.
* Questions and ‘Listen For’ tips from the Music Bird: get more from the music.
* Over 40 different pieces of music featured, in excellent recordings.
* Every instrument in the orchestra is demonstrated.
* Lively, characterful illustrations throughout.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Bug fixes; fix for audio not playing in iOS 9.
Ratings and Reviews
What a fantastic app. My four year old loves it. I am a music teacher and am constantly amazed at the information she picks up about composers, instruments etc. She would play it for hours, given the chance! It's a really fun way to introduce children to classical music in a fun and interesting way. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.
Marvellous intro to classical music
It is hard to think of a more delightful way in which to introduce young children to classical music. Loads of interactive stuff to keep the children engaged for hours. Also a lot of content and music..great value.
Lots of fun!
Wonderful, with lots of character! Full of information in easy to understand, bite sized pieces with plenty of music clips and funny facts. The lovely illustrations are animated it kept my little daughter inthralled for ages.
The developer, Naxos Digital Services Ltd., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Naxos Global Distribution Ltd
- 99 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Naxos Digital Services Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.