Has your life been touched by dementia? Download My House of Memories today and start exploring the past together with family, friends and carers.
Look through pictures of inspiring objects from a range of museums from across the decades to bring back great memories, brought to life with sound, music, and descriptions. My House of Memories is a great way to spend time together with loved ones, and stay more connected to one another.
Reminisce together while you browse a range of everyday objects, like cinema tickets, a Singer sewing machine and a 10-shilling note. Save your favourite museum objects to a digital memory tree, digital memory box or timeline, to come back to your favourite objects whenever you want. Start exploring now!
Find out more about living well with dementia and supporting a loved one through activities you can do together. It’s easy to use for family members of all ages - the little ones will love it too!
Created by National Museums Liverpool, My House of Memories allows you to explore objects from the past and share memories together. The first app of its kind anywhere in the world, it is designed for, and with, people living with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, and their carers - but can be used by anyone! Download My House of Memories today!
EXPLORE MUSEUM OBJECTS FROM THE PAST
Travel through history by exploring fascinating objects from world-class museums, whether you’re interested in collections from local towns or further abroad. Create your own personal museum!
- Objects spanning the decades 1920s – 1980s
- Items from a range of museums, at your fingertips
- Stimulate memory and conversation
Find objects that relate to your own life history, identity, and favourite hobbies
- Range of themes available including ‘Work and Family Life’, ‘Music and Entertainment’ and ‘Sports and Hobbies’
- Find cultural objects that have personal significance in packs such as ‘Irish Connections’, ‘African and Caribbean Life in Britain’ and ‘Memories of London’
- Save your favourite packs by making a personal profile to come back to them at any time!
Anyone can use the app, with simple touch screen controls to empower people living with dementia to explore the app by themselves.
- ‘Read aloud’ option for people who prefer to listen than read
- Informative hints prompt users and remind them what the objects are
- Enjoy a rich, multisensory experience and bring objects from history to life with sound and animation
- ‘Music box’ function plays a selection of music provided by the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, to engage loved ones with songs that bring back great memories
ACTIVITIES FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Enjoy spending time together, exploring objects and making memories
- Collect your favourite objects and display them in a memory tree, box, or timeline to spark discussion with others
- Teach children about family history with informative object descriptions from a range of museums
- Easily export your memory tree, box, or timeline to share with others
RESOURCES FOR CARERS
Access helpful information about dementia (including Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia, Lewy body dementia and other forms of dementia) and feel supported as you care for your loved one:
- Dementia awareness guide and informative videos to help carers and family members
- Tips and ideas for fun activities together for people living with dementia
- My House of Memories promotes living well with dementia
My House of Memories also has a ‘My Memories’ feature, which enables you to safely and privately add your own photos to the app, to share precious personal memories with those living with dementia. Create your own library of memories!
By downloading the My House of Memories app, you agree to abide by our Acceptable Use policy.
We’ve updated the app! In this new version we have fixed some issues with changing languages.
We update My House of Memories regularly so we can make sure you get the best in-app experience. We’d love to hear if you have any suggestions – just drop us an email email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Ratings and Reviews
This is the most easily accessible and well designed app for the elderly with dementia to re-engine precious memories. Fantastic idea with a fabulous execution!
Great app for developing memory resources for people with dementia. Especially as it is free.
Only problem is that it took ages to download onto iPad, but was worth it in the end.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- National Museums & Galleries on Merseyside
- 19.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © National Museums Liverpool