My5 brings you your favourite shows from across the Channel 5 family, including Channel 5, 5STAR, 5USA, 5SELECT, 5Spike and the Paramount Network for free.
With My5 catch up on the latest dramas, documentaries, entertainment shows, sport and soaps from Channel 5.
• catch up on the Channel 5 shows you may have missed
• enjoy longer catch-up windows for your favourite shows
• hundreds of box sets to discover and binge-watch
• kids programmes from Milkshake! including Peppa Pig
• unlock premieres of brand new shows and My5 Exclusives
• keep track of what you’ve watched and pick up where you left off
• watch the best programmes from some of our partner channels each month, including BLAZE, BET, PBS America, Pluto TV DRAMA, Pluto TV Food, Pluto TV MOVIES, Real Stories, Timeline and Together
• discover new foreign-language dramas from NEXT by HOT
• The app is restricted to use within the UK
• You are bit permitted to enable AirPlay
• You will need iOS version 9+ and we support iPhone5+ and iPad 2+
• You may incur additional costs for streaming video over mobile networks
• Rights restrictions means that not all shows can be made available
• Some features require you to register for a free My5 account
Ratings and Reviews
I downloaded this app for the same reasons as everyone else I’m assuming... to watch on catch up. It’d be great if I could actually catch up but because of all the adverts and crashing that the app does, it’s takes an age to actually watch anything so any “catching up” doesn’t really get done. It defeats the object. This app doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do - it fails spectacularly at providing the one service it’s built to provide. I get that their revenue is made from advertising but holy moly, 7 minutes before the programme starts and then 7 more minutes of them 3 or 4 more times during, and then God forbid you have to pause it and come back to your chosen programme because, well then you’ll have to sit through some more adverts before you can scroll to where you left off (as there is no “continue watching” feature). And that’s if the app doesn’t crash on you before you manage to scroll.
So in the boardroom at Channel 5, its almost like they get these reviews and their agenda goes something like 1) okay the app is still getting bad reviews... *all pull a sad face* 2) the laborious amount of adverts are bringing in loads of revenue though, that’s great isn’t it?! 3) shall we all go to the Shard for this years Xmas do? Yes great idea... 4) meeting adjourned till next month yeah?
Yes it’s free and so except ads, but the amount and frequency of them is crazy annoying. While the app itself works fine, far no connection issues it’s frustrating. The most frustrating thing about this app is the adverts and that you have to sit through so many of them. Between 7-8 of them before you begin to watch your program then maybe every 5 minutes or so depending on the length of your chosen show, another 7-8 of them. Around 30 seconds each. And you can’t skip. Yes once again it’s a free app and so they gotta make money some how but surely they make enough through TV ad revenue 🤔?
There is no continue to arching option so if you get half way through something and need to watch the rest later you then have to search for the correct program/episode and then sit through all the ads again before you can then scroll to where you were but then you will need to watch another lot ads. Maybe if you sign in or create an account you might be able to continue where you left off. I personally don’t want to sign up to yet another thing to end up with endless irrelevant emails.
Ok, but quite a couple of bugs
So, to begin, the app itself is good, plenty to watch and catch up on, however, there is a few bugs. Number 1; the in app video player will from time to time (3 times at least in a single episode) put subtitles on without request, you then have to activate and deactivate them if you want to get rid of them. Number 2; 50% of the time when it cuts to an advert, you get a “video playback error” meaning you have to try and start the programme again, which is sometimes unsuccessful. Number 3; there is no “play next episode” feature, so to get the the next episode you have to go back the the programme page and find the episode you want. Number 4; there is no “carry on watching” feature, meaning that when you want to carry on a programme you paused midway to come back another time, you have to start a new search for the programme again and this can be time consuming when you just want to watch your favourite programme. Other than that, it’s pretty good, just needs an update fixing these issues!
- Channel 5 Broadcasting Ltd
- 88.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humour
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Channel 5 Broadcasting Limited 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.