The Naim app is the ultimate remote control for your home hi-fi system, enabling you to have millions of songs at your fingertips. Enjoy instant playback through your connected Naim devices – from legacy products to the very latest releases - no matter what room they’re in.
Simple and intuitive set up:
• Set up new devices seamlessly with the Naim set up process.
Orchestrate your music:
• Control all functions and settings of your devices remotely.
Fill your house with sound:
• Use the Naim multiroom system to stream your favourite music throughout the house or have a different playlist in each room.
Stream entire libraries of music:
• Playback to your Naim devices through a great number of sources such as TIDAL, Spotify, UPnP and iRadio.
Play your way:
• The straightforward user interface makes it incredibly easy to play, create playlists and adjust play queues while providing extended artist information.
Customise your experience:
• Adjust room compensation and display illumination settings for the Mu-so range.
The Naim app works with all of the following Naim network-connected digital music players connected to a Wi-Fi network:
• Mu-so Qb
• Uniti Core
• Uniti Atom
• Uniti Nova
• Uniti Star
• ND 555
• ND 5 XS2
• NDX 2
• UnitiQute 2
• NaimUniti 2
• ND5 XS
• NAC-N 172 XS
• NAC-N 272
We update the app regularly with new features, performance improvements and bug fixes. The latest version:
• Improves the visibility of the playing track in the play queue.
• Improves TIDAL list filtering to use all visible fields.
• Improves WiFi setup wizard for legacy devices.
• Improves creation and management of UPnP Playlists.
• Improves layout of the Now Playing screen.
• Prevents reconnecting to internet radio on open if product is in standby.
Your feedback is important to us, please visit www.naimaudio.com/customer-support for more information and how to get in touch.
Ratings and Reviews
After paying thousands for a naim hifi system you’d expect the app to control it to actually work. But it doesn’t. Or not as it is supposed to anyway. When I try to switch from Tidal to internet radio it loads for ages before I eventually give up. Sometimes I’ll choose a track and it will take 30 seconds to load despite my system being hardwired to fiber broadband. Sometimes the app just refuses to connect to my system at all and I have to reset my system and my phone to get it working. Not great at dinner parties when I’m sat in the corner trying in vain just to put some music on. My system sounds great when the app lets me use it...but that’s often not the case.
Up & down
Initial impressions were great. But then I don’t know whether it is for the reason I have the 1st gen Muso(s) and the newer platform is better, but this had been rollercoaster. I would say it works about 50% of the time, the range of issues is wide: ie. when I try navigating “too fast” within Tidal it freezes up and the app can not find my devices for 3-10 minutes, sometimes until I do a hard reboot on the speakers (power cut off). The latest is that it keeps switching to Bluetooth when playing internet radio. I thought it might be just it is connecting to something but it does it even when all phones or any device with Bluetooth in vicinity has Bluetooth disabled. I can straight connect via Bluetooth when this happens so the possibility of the neighbours prancing me is eliminated. Odd. No option to turn down or do anything with bass. I get it it was tuned to perfection and I just have to place the speaker where it sounds good. Problem is that people buying a Muso will often do so due to having no space for a proper hifi. I am in the same boat and I have very limited options of where these speakers can live. The bass is just all over the place and I can’t turn it down. At least a two-step bass reduction feature would be very very handy.
The equipment is great, unfortunately let down by a clunky, non-user-friendly app. There are lots of issues with the app, but a glaring omission is the lack of a standby-by timer, rendering the very expensive equipment useless if you want to listen to it whilst in bed ... you always have to wake-up at some point during the night and fumble around with the clunky app to turn it off. It’s fairly clear that the app is designed by a third-party company who don’t actually use the equipment themselves. It really needs to be completely redesigned by a different company from the ground-up, with an emphasis on how people actually use the equipment and interact with the app.
- Naim Audio Ltd
- 141.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Naim Audio Limited, 2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.