Stay on track with the free National Rail Enquiries App, Great Britain’s number one destination for train timetables and travel information. Get live train times and cheap tickets from all the major train line operators.
National Rail Enquiries lets you plan, book and keep up to date with all your train travel in one easy app. Manage your journeys across the Great Britain train network with My Travel, plan new routes with our comprehensive journey planner and receive real time travel updates. Personalised to you, you can check timetables, set up travel alerts, find out about disruptions fast, track your train and save your favourite journeys. You can also search for cheap train tickets.
• Click to buy tickets - We link you directly to the train operator so you can find the cheapest fares. No booking or credit card fees.
• My Travel – Set up personalised travel updates. Save your favourite journeys and stations. Find the next train departure home and get relevant live updates from across the network at a glance.
• Journey Planner - Plan your journeys with up-to-the-minute travel information and track the progress of trains and as well as being alerted to disruptions on the line along your route.
• Live Train Times - View real-time departures and arrivals boards for any station in Great Britain.
• Progress Tracking - Find out exactly where a train is along a route, from A to B and everything in between.
• Watch a Train - Pin a train to My Travel to watch its progress across the network with a single tap.
• Real Time Push Notifications - Get timetable disruption alerts sent straight to your phone or watch as they happen.
• Wake-up alerts - Avoid missing your stop or getting caught out when the train divides or arrives at its destination.
• London Underground and DLR - Plan your journey to or from London Zone 1 Underground and DLR stations.
• Taking you from A to B, put in a postcode and get the best route planner to the nearest station
• Alert Me - Get notified of your next train, its platform number and any known delays as you approach your departure station
Apple Watch integration:
National Rail Enquiries also offers an Apple Watch app which syncs with your smartphone. At a glance, learn about any disruption to your travel plans and view all the critical travel info you require, now from the convenience of your wrist.
• Up-to-the-minute updates on your favourite journeys.
• View live departure information for the station you select, or activate the GPS to access details of stations on lines nearest to you.
• View your recent live trains on your watch for live departure information on the move.
• Receive notifications of any timetable delays to network rail services.
(The Apple Watch is compatible with iPhone 5 and above)
National Rail Enquiries gives you live times and all the journey planner information you need about fares so you can buy cheap tickets for all journeys with the major train line operators across Great Britain:
Arriva Trains Wales
East Midlands Trains
Great Western Railway
South West Trains
Virgin Trains East Coast
Find all the information you need about train fares and times then buy the cheapest tickets fast. Enhance your train travel experience - Download the FREE National Rail Enquiries app today.
Bug fixes and GDPR compliance
Ratings and Reviews
Still stuck in the noughties- No offline mode!!
Load up a journey and want to keep it there for reference- no chance. After quite a short while this app cleverly deletes the information - so if you’re somewhere like on a tube train where there is no WiFi or 4g guess what?: You can’t check your train times and the app is as good as useless - genius!
National Rail: These days (2018) many apps have an offline mode these days. This is because developers have realised that even today, not every cubic centimetre of your country or city has a healthy mobile or WiFi signal. There are still places where you can’t go online (such as on a tube train It takes very little memory to store information like train times on a phone so you can access it offline - very little. Please move with the times and sort out this schoolboy oversight!!
Terrible, awful, useless, unfit, indictment of an application.
Considering the size of national rail and the amount of people that are forced to use it terrible service under the banner of national rail, the application in simple terms is unfit for purpose. Booking a ticket online is simply near impossible. Payment details, entered more than 4 times to no avail, journey planning logistically navigating the terrible layout will require you having a PhD in poor applications, think you can keep a journey within the planner whilst also wanting to see live times, think again, it’s like you have taken an already terrible service of national rail and then made it worse on purpose to annoy people who are simply trying to catch a train. Often I go to the journey planner to find that it’s placed me a day into the future for no actual reason. I then open the date box for the application to magically reload me the correct date, so in simple terms unless you tell the application today’s date you will be planning time scales of the next day by default. Why on earth would you set it for the next day as a default option. It literally makes no sense. I honestly cannot convey how bad this application is, nothing is good about it at all, I wish I didn’t have to use this app but sadly I do and it destroys me everyday.
This is one of the most dreadful apps I have ever used the layout is unclear payment tabs are virtually hidden nothing here is remotely unintuitive. In addition to a highly user unfriendly layout the underbelly of operation is equally bad. There is no Paypal option required a convoluted and frustrating entry into the horror story of my account after many attempts to even teach the log in page. Credit card details have to be repeatedly entered and saved in several places again and again you buy one ticket with the card then go thorough the ire inspiring process yet again to buy a second ticket (why can’t you buy two at once I ask myself?) and it telly you the card you just used is now suddenly invalid. This app needs completely junking with a fully functioning replacement which is easy to use, clear and offers fast payment using PayPal. It is a miracle I actually managed to buy any tickets with it today it is a challenge I will not rise to again - too slow, too laborious, too much hassle. I do not recommend it.
- Train Information Services Limited
- 32.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Train Information Services Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free version £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.