Take the hassle out of banking. Our app makes your day-to-day banking easy, quick and secure.
It’s available to customers aged 11+ with compatible iOS and a UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
Please note that the app contains images when logging in, that may cause a reaction in individuals who are photosensitive. You can however switch these off for your device by visiting the ‘settings’ menu and the ‘accessibility’ menu where you will be able to find animation control settings within this menu (note this is not within our app but on your devices settings itself).
Your money. Your choices
From being able to quickly check your account balances and transactions, to moving money between accounts, sending money securely to others and paying someone new up to £1000 without a card reader or getting cash from an ATM without your debit card, our app gives you greater control of your finances.
You can manage your bills easily and check the details of Direct Debits and standing orders. If you need a hand with anything, our Secure Messaging tool lets you to contact us in-app for any extra help.
You’re protected by our secure banking promise
With our app you’re covered by our secure banking promise, which makes it one of the safest ways to bank. We monitor your account 24/7 for unusual activity and will refund any money paid out of your account as long as you keep your security information safe.
You can log in to the app safely with Touch ID, Face ID or secure passcode and there is always a confirmation check to make sure you’re paying the right person or business.
Apply for new accounts
• Apply directly for a current account from the NatWest app (account eligibility criteria apply)
• Open and manage a savings account (account eligibility criteria apply)
• Apply for a borrowing product directly in the app (aged 18+ eligibility criteria apply)
Smart tools to help get you sorted
• Check your Credit Score
• Manage your spending and set budgets
• Lock and unlock your debit and credit cards
• Set travel plans
• Manage and store receipts
• Set savings goals directly in the app
• Add your loyalty cards directly to your app
Important things to know
• There is a maximum of 5 payments totalling £1000 per day. You must be aged 16 or over.
• Get Cash - Withdraw up to £130 every 24 hours at our branded ATMs. You must have at least £10 available in your account and an active debit card (locked or unlocked).
• Touch ID and Face ID are available on selected devices.
• Credit score available once opted in through the app, to customers aged 18+, with a UK address and is provided by TransUnion.
• Spending - You must be aged 16+. Only available for Personal and Premier Current accounts.
• Lock and unlock MasterCard credit cards only.
• You can create one Travel Plan at a time, for a maximum period of 90 days, that includes up to seven countries. Each country needs to be registered separately. The Travel Plan will apply to debit cards only, attached to accounts that are managed via mobile banking, and only in your name. Joint account holders should register separately.
• Managing your receipts is available to Business Banking and Premier customers only.
• Savings goal available on instant access savings accounts.
• My Loyalty Cards is available to customers aged 18+.
Please make sure you accept the following permissions before starting:
• Allow the app to communicate through your network
• To find your nearest cash machine or branch, you'll need to let the app find your location
• To 'Pay Your Contacts', the app will need access to your contacts list
• Make new International payments to anyone in the app up to £1,000, not just those you've paid before!
• Pay a bit more than the minimum payment each month. We work out how much extra you have to pay so you can pay off your Credit Card balance quicker.
• Card readers getting you down? We've got you covered with our new payment approval through taking a selfie.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app - but one extra addition would make it FANTASTIC!
This is by far one of the best-designed, intuitive and useful iPhone banking apps that I've come across. It is easy to access, allows you to carry out all of the most important online banking functions, it is easy to navigate and use and it looks great!
The one feature that I have always wanted the app to include that none of the updates ever seem to add is the ability to search through your list of payees to go straight to the name of the person that you wish to pay rather than having to scroll through the entire list from A-Z one by one, as you currently have to do. If you have a long list of payees (as I do), this gets very tedious. This is especially cumbersome when you also have a few payees that you tend to transfer money to more than most others. Either an ability to jump to a letter of the alphabet, searching a name by typing or simply having a section for favourite/most used payees would do the trick.
Aside from this, great app and wholly recommended.
Graat app, but
Great app that has saved me significant amounts of time in administering daily finances and making payments.
My only real gripe would be that the most recent update seems to have done away with a facility I used to find really useful, that of the ability to see how much had been paid off a credit card’s last statement, prior to the final payment date. For cashflow reasons, I make payments towards my credit card bills throughout the month, rather than paying off in one go. I used therefore used to find the facility really useful to know how much more of the previous statement’s total I still had to pay off before the final date for payment. I now have to add up any interim payments I’ve made, which is a real pain.
Regarding credit card payments, it would also be really useful to have some kind of automated ‘count-down’ reminder of when cards needed to be paid by, rather than having to keep checking the statements individually. Other than that, a brilliant app !
Good app overall but, is not as accessible with VoiceOver as it should be in a couple of key areas
i am a brand new customer to Natwest, having migrated from first direct after they had broken accessibility to their app for an unacceptable amount of time. Natwest has been recommended to me by other blind customers and the app has wone plaudits from charities such as the royal national institute of blind people. overall , my experience of the app and service has been great but, there are a couple of notable areas where voiceover doesn't work as it should. 1. voiceover does not read responses to questions asked of Cora. for example. i might ask cora how to upgrade my account. her responses are not read by voiceover, just being announced as "tooltip." 2. Voiceover can not interact with information from other banks through open banking. for example. i can see the balances from my other accounts but cannot hear individual transactions being read out to me. it would be awesome if these areas could be addressed as soon as possible.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thank you for the detailed feedback. We are sorry to hear you are having issues with Accessibility using our App and want to assure you this is currently being investigated. In order to assist us with the investigation, please can you kindly get in touch with us via Facebook or Twitter (quote ref: VI150720BM) so that we can get further details on the issue. We appreciate your help and are looking to resolve this matter as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- National Westminster Bank plc
- 198.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © National Westminster Bank plc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.