For Electric Vehicle drivers everywhere...
Have you ever arrived at a charger with a few miles left and somebody's already occupying it? How do you know if they'll be back in 2 minutes or 2 days?
It's simple - just put their Number Plate into NeedToCharge and, if they're also a user, they'll get a notification telling them you're patiently waiting. They can then respond to let you know when the charger will be free.
You don't have to have an account to send a charging request - just download the app and enter their number plate, or send a request from NeedToCharge.com.
If you're a community that share a charger, in your office carpark or residential community for example, why not all sign up so you can let each other know when you need to charge?
- Supports multiple vehicles per user
- Get alerted by email, push notification or both
- Your personal details stay personal - no need to share your email address or phone number
- Leave a note on your dash to tell others needing a charge to go to NeedToCharge.com - they can enter your number plate there without even having to download the app!
- It's completely free for all, and none of those pesky ads
As the number of Electric Vehicles on the roads increase, so do the odds of a charger being blocked, so share the love and let other drivers know - it's free!
Please keep sharing the app - the more users, the better it becomes!
New in this update:
- Change the number plate layout - go to the profile page to choose a new one.
- Conversations will now show the other user's Display Name in the Messages list. Sign out and back in again for this to be updated for past conversations.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea - share it around!
This is such a great app, and it gets better the more people that use it, so tell your friends!
What a great, easy to use app this is. Why haven’t the charging network providers thought to do this?
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.