Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet is among the few games that Apple selected as Best of Mac App Store 2016!
Pirate heroine Nelly Cootalot takes on the villainous Baron Widebeard in this point and click adventure game. Meet a hilarious cast of characters including Tom Baker (Dr Who) and face perplexing challenges in your search for the Treasure of the Seventh Sea.
• "Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet is one of the funniest games I have played in recent years." (5/5) - KickstartVenture
• "It’s funny, daft, and the look is incessantly fantastic ... And it’s got Tom Baker in it. I had a thoroughly lovely time." - Rock, Paper, Shotgun
• "Incredibly funny and charming" (8.5/10) - Gamewatcher
ABOUT THE GAME
Join Nelly in this point and click adventure, and rescue birds hypnotised by the villainous Baron Widebeard. Meet a hilarious cast of characters including Tom Baker (Dr Who) and explore a hand-drawn world created by award-winning comedian Alasdair Beckett-King.
• Race aristocrats for fun and profit.
• Commandeer an ancient airship.
• Enter the mind of a monkey wizard.
• Borrow moonshine from a surly Viking.
• Wantonly misuse the word ‘borrow’.
What is Baron Widebeard planning? Can he be stopped? In what way is a frozen volcano involved?
To answer these questions comes Nelly Cootalot: pirate heroine and defender of endangered and adorable creatures. Nelly’s journey will take her from Port Rubicund in the South Seas to the lonely isle of Gloomholm in the icy north. She’ll encounter outlandish characters and face perplexing challenges in her quest for the Treasure of the Seventh Sea.
• Full Voice-Acting in English & German.
• A script that will amuse and delight whether you are 9, 19 or 90. (But ONLY those ages.)
• Art & Animation in glorious High Definition.
• Puzzles that will tax the world's greatest minds, if they're having an off-day.
• Over 45 Unique Characters & 35 Locations.
• Quaint British spellings = extra letters for free.
MORE PRESS CLIPPINGS
"...with some beautiful art, an engaging story, some fun gameplay and snappy dialogue, Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet is a nice little gem." (9.1/10) - Geeknifty
"It has obviously been influenced by the Monkey Island series, but without being a carbon copy. If you are a fan of the genre, then The Fowl Fleet should definitely be on your wishlist." (8.3) - Gameramble
"Outstanding puzzle design" (87% ) - adventurecorner
"Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet is a brilliant adventure that wonderfully demonstrates quirky British humor and is totally unique." (4.5/5 - Amazing) - The Nerd Stash
"An amazing adventure game. Its story has surprising depth, the characters are lovable, the puzzles are great fun and it wraps it all up in a layer of fantastic humour!" (4.5/5 - AMAZING! ) - The Mental Attic
"Lovingly crafted and amounts to a very relaxing and enjoyable point ‘n click experience." (7 very good ) - Techraptor
"A delightful point-and-click romp of swashing and buckling. In short, it’ll straight up charm your knickers off." (Buy it! ) - vgblogger
"Go play Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet. I highly recommend it." - @SQHistorian
- Commentary by Alasdair Beckett-King and Nelly herself
- improved support for macOS High Sierra (10.13) and newer
- many improvements for all devices
- partial support for Gamepads
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Enjoyable game aimed at beginners who enjoy "point & click" advenure games. However, if you have played Monkey Island and you expect this to be a similar game (like I did), apart from the pirate theme and some of the storyline, this game really is nothing like it. I am an avid fan of the Monkey Island series since they first came out and - in comparison - this game is way too easy to figure out so I finished it in a matter of hours. Not so many tricky and unusual puzzles and “out of the box” thinking in order to solve a problem or finish a mission (like the Monkey Island puzzles that left you stuck for days trying to figure it out). But instead a lot of talking your way through the game. Although it was enjoyable, it was definitely not worth 19.99 for a few hours enjoyment for me (I didn’t even get the 50% discount as stated on the description either!). Anybody who is used to playing these type of games will be absolutely wasting their money but if you are only a beginner you will enjoy it. Those who claimed that it was another “Monkey Island” must be insane and you will be disappointed if you buy this game based on that comparison.
Excellent adventure game, one for the whole family!!
I played the original of this game and it was a lot of fun, so I was very pleased to see it on the MacAppStore. It’s clever, witty and beautifully illustrated. Love the voice overs too, can’t believe they got Tom Baker, he has such a great voice, but they are all fun. The puzzles are creative and stretch your mind and your imagination. I would happily recommend the game to anyone of any age (12+ blah blah blah), it really gets you thinking and is great for a group to sit around and try and solve the mysteries. As a fan of adventure games, I would say this game has something for all levels of gamer, you won’t want it to end - I didn’t.
Extremely Funny Game
It was a joy to play this game. Old-school point and click adventure with lots of jokes that will keep you going for hours. The graphics are awesome and the voice acting along with the dialogues are the strongest points in it. Play it with your kids and introduce them to the genre. Great Game.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Application Systems Heidelberg Software GmbH
- 925.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2016 Alasdair Beckett-King. © 2016 Application Systems Heidelberg Software GmbH. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.