Neverwinter Nights is a classic Dungeons & Dragons RPG— enhanced for iOS! Explore 100+ hours of gameplay including the original campaign, plus six free DLC adventures.
Neverwinter Nights is a classic Dungeons & Dragons RPG— enhanced for iOS! Explore 100+ hours of gameplay including the original campaign, plus six free DLC adventures. Play solo or team up with friends for a grand adventure across the Forgotten Realms.
Optimized for iPads
Recommended for iPhones with screen sizes of 6 inches or larger
Neverwinter Nights (Classic Campaign)
Shadows of Undrentide (Free DLC)
Hordes of the Underdark (Free DLC)
Kingmaker (Free DLC)
ShadowGuard (Free DLC)
Witch’s Wake (Free DLC)
Adventure Pack (Free DLC)
Re-engineered UI for iPads and iPhones
- Virtual joystick and context sensitive button makes gameplay easy
- UI Scales automatically or can be set to your liking
- Adventure with friends!
- Cross-play support includes compatibility with mobile, tablets, computers and consoles
- Join persistent worlds, with community-run campaigns and up to 250 players
- Pixel shaders and post-processing effects make for cleaner graphics and visuals
- Adjustable contrast, vibrance, and depth of field options
Neverwinter Nights (Original Campaign)
You find yourself at the center of intrigue, betrayal, and dark magic in Neverwinter Nights. Journey through dangerous cities, monster filled dungeons and deep into uncharted wilderness in search of the cure for a cursed plague ravaging the city of Neverwinter.
Shadows of Undrentide (Free DLC Expansion)
Another adventure begins in the updated expansion, Shadows of Undrentide! Charged by your master to recover four ancient artifacts, travel from the Silver Marches to unravel mysteries of a long-dead magical civilization.
Hordes of the Underdark (Free DLC Expansion)
This expansion continues the adventure started in Shadows of Undrentide. Journey into the ever-more bizarre and hostile depths of Undermountain to challenge a gathering evil.
Three Premium Modules (Free DLC)
Discover over 40 hours of new Dungeons & Dragons adventures across the Forgotten Realms in these premium modules for Neverwinter Nights:
- Witch’s Wake
- Adventure Pack
©2020 Beamdog. ©2020 Wizards of the Coast LLC. All Rights Reserved. Wizards of the Coast, Dungeons & Dragons, Neverwinter Nights, and D&D are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC. Hasbro and its logo are registered trademarks of HASBRO, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
A new update for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is available now! We’ve added initial keyboard support, improved performance, and more…
Check out the patch notes below!
- Keyboard Support | Connect your keyboard for use with chat, shortcuts & saves
- Pathfinding Improvements | Smoother party movement and navigation
- New Water Visuals | Water appears more realistic with a new “water rendering” feature (enable via options)
- New Grass Visuals | Tall grass appears more realistic with a new “tall grass rendering” feature (enable via options)
- New Lighting Engine | Upgrades to lighting provides more realistic lighting, shadows, and textures (enable via options. ***Warning: lighting engine can slow down the game on some devices)
- Reduced Install Size | Reduced the amount of data needed to install the game
- Area Transitions | Highlights now appear as expected for area transitions
- Save & Chat Panels | Shifted panels to allow enough space for keyboard on mobile devices
- Chat Log | Quickbar no longer overlaps with the chat log on mobile devices
- Skip Cut Scenes | A long-press will now skip cutscenes
- Music | Main menu music now plays as expected when players skip intro videos
- Visual Performance | Fixed visual performance issue (related to particle rendering)
Ratings and Reviews
You must gather your party before venturing forth
I was excited to see this landing on the App Store. Looks and runs OK if still dated - but that’s to be expected from such an old game. Lots of content, a few bugs which will be squashed in future patches - game crashes when you learn spells from scrolls. Fun so far and great to add this to my Beamdog collection.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review. The bug with learning spells from scrolls is a known issue which is already fixed on PC. A future mobile patch will fix it on Android & iOS.
Edit: And it's fixed now. Enjoy playing as a wizard!
Just like I remember
I remember getting this game when it first came out, it actually feel smoother than I remember (but might have been my pc back then) there ARE some bugs though, the major one for me is the fact you cannot install the infinite Dungeons premium module, frustrating as I have purchased it and cannot use - I bought and no matter how many times I click on install it does not (I can install the other modules which I also bought and uninstall and redownload no issue) I’ve removed the App from the IPad and reinstalled and also no joy. In conclusion, a very good port, but don’t buy if you are only interested in the infinite dungeon and absolutely do not purchase the Infinite Dungeon premium module until they fix this bug. Once they fix this bug and the other more minor ones this would be a 5 star.
Update: Solution, after uninstalling app, restart IPad and this seems to have fixed the issue. I was also able to experiment and with ITunes and a bit of playing about I managed to load CEP and other Mods into it - simply copy the folders to your PC so you have a baseline, then copy the folders elsewhere and then add the Mods you want in and then add them back in ITunes by drag and dropping and overwriting. I’m going to see if PRC will work tomorrow. I’m hoping this ability to Mod will be implemented for the Infinity Engine games at some point.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We can't repro the issue with the Infinite Dungeons on our end. Can you please try again?
Not User Friendly
I played this on PC back in the day, when it was innovative and refreshing. On my 2018 iPad Pro it stuttered badly with all the graphics turned up, but even with the graphics options turned to medium the user interface just didn’t make for a pleasant experience. The graphical art style was dark-on-dark, making useable items difficult to see.
Playing as a wizard, spell use was clunky and enemies too difficult to see clearly, and the curse of the touch screen was much in evidence - to make anything happen your hand must cover the screen, meaning your view of events is often obscured.
To be fair, I only lasted just beyond the tutorial, but the whole experience was one of frustration and annoyance.
It might be better with a mouse and keyboard, but then I’d go back to PC if I wanted that.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Overhaul Games Inc.
- 2.9 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2021 Beamdog
- In-App Purchases
- Kingmaker £0.00
- Adventure Pack £0.00
- Witch's Wake £0.00
- Shadowguard £0.00
- Infinite Dungeons £2.49
- Darkness Over Daggerford £4.49
- Tyrants of the Moonsea £4.49
- Heroes of Neverwinter £2.49
- Pirates of the Sword Coast £2.49
- Wyvern Crown of Cormyr £2.49
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.