Rock your Desktop with NewsBar - the top selling iCloud newsreader since 2011!
News Reading Crafted to Perfection! NewsBar is built with a fresh concept: news feeds delivered with a smooth animation, right to your desktop with automatic iCloud sync across all macOS and iOS Apple devices. Converts any RSS and Twitter feeds into a realtime live news stream with categories, keyword watching and notification alerts even on the go with NewsBar iOS.
All of your favourite RSS and Twitter feeds continuously appear on the selected side of your display or in a regular window. NewsBar is like having your own, personal news agency. You don't have to waste your time checking webpages: NewsBar will show you what's going on - right now.
No delays, no waiting: stories appear right on your display, just as they are published. You can easily organize, read, follow, mark, filter and search news from your favorite feeds. Stories are read directly from RSS and Twitter sources without delay. NewsBar is probably the fastest RSS reader in the world.
There is no need to register any account or login into any service, news reading with NewsBar is simple, safe and private.
"If you’re looking for something a bit different in your RSS reader, I really recommend giving NewsBar a try, it’s a surprisingly powerful and enjoyable little app." - Mac Appstorm
Important: NewsBar is NOT a Twitter client. It's just an additional feature wich allows to read selected Twitter feeds from sources where RSS not available. Twitter feeds should be added manually.
◦ News without delay
◦ High speed, efficient RSS engine
◦ iCloud sync of feeds, statuses and starred across all Apple devices
◦ Smooth animation on news arrival
◦ Mac desktop integration with adjustable opacity
◦ Add new feeds and feed icons with Drag and Drop
◦ Organize feeds into user defined folders
◦ Single click opens RSS content in a popup window
◦ Double click opens news in your browser
◦ Auto hide read items
◦ Mark & share news
◦ macOS Notification Center support
◦ Star news for later reading
◦ News can be highlighted and filtered by keywords
◦ Keyword detection alerts using audible and visible cues
◦ Customizable interface (colors, fonts, size, gradient, opacity)
◦ Assign custom icon for each feed
◦ Twitter @user and #hashtag news feed reading
◦ Feedly Sync
◦ RSS 2.0, ATOM support
◦ Send news to Pocket
◦ Customizable individual feed settings
◦ Import feed list from Google Reader takeout
◦ OPML export and import
◦ Quick text search in all feeds
◦ Multiple display/desktop and Spaces support
◦ Menubar mode (App icon can be removed from dock)
◦ Very low CPU and memory usage
◦ Different refresh time can be set on Battery power
◦ Runs on all macOS versions from 10.6 and later
• Minimize to Dock
• Quick Text Search
• Add new Feed
• Show only Starred News
• Auto hide read items
• Show only Keyword filtered News
• Open Preferences
- Feedly sync authentication updated
- displaying long twitter posts with attachments
- minor fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app every day but
I use this app every day to keep track off all sorts and it's just wonderful however the only thing from keeping me from a 5 star review is being able to only have it on one or all windows. What would be awesome is if you can choose which windows you have it on... i.e. two out of five...
Does what it says and does it well.
A good reader for RSS feeds and especially the iCloud sync is a blessing.
This is great!
I’m really pleased with this product and it meets my needs. Also, when I got a bit stuck, I found the assistance from the developer absolutely sterling.
Thank you so much!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.