NightCap Camera is a powerful app that takes amazing low light and night photos, videos and 4K time lapse. Long exposure produces beautiful photos in low light and unique Astronomy modes capture the stars, Northern Lights (Aurora) and more!
Do you find your photos and videos dark and grainy in low light? NightCap will help by unlocking the full potential of your iPhone or iPad's camera.
AI camera control makes it easy by automatically setting optimum focus and exposure for a brighter, clearer shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter. If you prefer manual control then instant gesture based adjustment is always available, and special camera modes give you DSLR like results. You can even shoot photos, videos and time lapse in black and white if you want to.
Try Long Exposure mode for amazing motion blur effects and reduced image noise in low light. NightCap has an ISO Boost feature that allows 4x higher ISO than any other app, producing much brighter low light photos with low noise in Long Exposure mode!
Light Trails mode preserves moving lights - ideal for moving traffic at night, fireworks or light painting.
These modes are stunning when combined with HD or 4K time lapse!
There are 4 dedicated astrophotography camera modes. Stars Mode is ideal for a starry sky or Northern / Southern Lights (Aurora), or leave your device capturing in Star Trails Mode and watch the stars paint circles in the sky! There are also modes for easy photography of the International Space Station (ISS) and meteors (shooting stars).
Visit nightcapcamera.com for tutorials.
• Video recording with special Night Mode and full manual control.
• Time lapse recording with adjustable speed, long exposure and light trails support and up to 4K resolution on iPhone 6s or newer or 1080p HD on older devices.
• Aidie, a fully automatic AI camera operator chooses the optimum camera settings for you automatically, meaning brighter, clearer photos in low light with less risk of blurring the shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter.
• AI enhanced focusing in very low light for fast, reliable focus.
• Automatic camera modes for Meteors (shooting stars), ISS (International Space Station), stars and star trails make these difficult tasks easy.
• Innovative manual camera controls designed for photographers: intuitive gesture-based control of exposure, ISO, focus and even white balance. Simply swipe to adjust.
• Long Exposure mode: Capture detailed, noise-free low light shots.
• Light Trails mode: Perfect for light painting and even astronomy: photograph star trails with unlimited exposure time!
• ISO Boost allows up to 4x higher ISO than any other app.
• Light Boost instantly boosts brightness while preserving image detail.
• Noise Reduction Mode helps reduce image noise.
• 8x Zoom control (camera-style for easy, smooth zoom).
• Full Apple Watch support with live preview and control of the main app features.
Great news for iPhone XS, XS Max and XR owners: We've doubled performance in very low light by unlocking 1 second exposure times!
Please note that this improvement requires iOS 12.2 or later and an iPhone XS, XS Max or XR. Other devices are not affected.
Ratings and Reviews
The best low Light camera app
This is without doubt the best low light camera app on the App Store. The ability to collect light in low level light conditions is incredible. The app can gather light on conditions other camera apps will either give a very dark fuzzy blur or no discernible detail.
The app offers a multitude of different shooting styles such as light trails, long exposure amongst others. It also includes some very clever like collection algorithms to further enhance Photos in lowlight level conditions.
There is a huge number of options to choose from making this ideal for Astro photography or shooting in extreme low level conditions.
Faultless lowlight images
A gem of an app that not only does what it says but exceeds all expectations, I have captured the ISS fly over , constellations and have loads of fun experimenting with the pushing the limitations of the iPhone . I think it uses a type of clever, on the fly stacking process so it works much more effectively than other apps offering long exposure, meaning the image remains vivid with minimal noise whilst you can see areas of light like stars etc ‘ develop’ onto the image as it exposes. Other apps I have tried have been laggy , unresponsive and produce ugly , noise riddled images. 10 out of 10 and highly recommend it!
My favourite photography app on iOS
I had been waiting for the update to provide full support for the iPhone 7 Plus and not only has it arrived in style, the developer also added new functionality at no extra cost. The app works so well too. I have created amazing light trails, silky water shots. Shots of the stairs and for a laugh even duck trails which looked cool. In my mind if you're serious about photography you really need this app. I have tried and own many many others but this one works the best. Really pleased with the latest update 👍
- Realtime Dreams Limited
- 6.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Realtime Dreams
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.