Kanban, GANTT, gallery, fullscreen form view: 4 new ways to visualize your data.
• Kanban charts: Pick a grouping column and let Ninox render your data as Kanban swim lanes.
• GANTT charts: Ninox will automatically render GANTT bars from the first two date fields in the table view.
• Cards view: Let Ninox show your records as nicely rendered cards on a gallery.
• Form view: Displays the form full screen.
• Styled headlines and free text elements
• Tooltips: Help your users with optional tooltips.
• Schema protection: Password-protect your templates from modification.
• Global fucntion definitions: Define reusable functions in the global context.
• Trigger on open: Define actions that will be executed when the database is opened.
- Improved synchronization
- Field label position is now configurable
- Function fields provide styling options
- Custom button colors
- Improved scrollbars
- Improved filter options for multiple choice fields
- New settings to disable comments, history and attachments for tables
- Placeholder height is now adjustable
2.5.8 Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Simple to use, synchronises perfectly and true multi-table database. Love it.
I use this to track my income and expenditure, to create my tax records, so my need is very straightforward. I.e. no printing of invoices. It synchronises between my laptop, iMac and iOS devices using iCloud with no issues and I’ve used it for a couple of years now.
Having tried all the other reasonably priced ‘databases’ out there - which are really just single tables and found their synchronisation flaky at best, I settled for Ninox.
My only gripe is their support pages can be confusing and why they recently changed their icon from that of a database, which was easy to recognise as a database to something random is beyond me.
I am really impressed with this piece of software. It’s not yet perfect with a few small gremlins but they are of a minor nature. Having previously used Filemaker I have some experience of relational database design and while this isn’t a full replacement for Filemaker it would probably satisfy lots of people. It is suprisingly powerful, very stable and does everything I need. I can’t comment on performance once the database gets large and complicated because I have only been using it for a few days but I have built a very useful, multi-table database that has made a real contribution to my working day. Great value for money, highly recommended.
UPDATE. I have now been using Ninox for 18 months and I still rate it very highly. It is regularly maintained and updated with new abilities. It has never crashed and runs in the background 24/7. Still very highly recommended.
Absolutely useless waste of money and time
I have used Filemaker for many years and designed and built quite a few databases for my sole trader business having previously built databases in ClarisWorks (Mac), Filemaker (Mac and PC) and Access (PC) for employers. I bought this app as Filemaker is too expensive for me to upgrade for my new OS (Sierra) and I really don’t need all of the Filemaker functions as I just need straightforward databases with relational tables. I have tried to design a database in it 4 times now and have tried to follow the online tutorials, all to no avail. I find the format confusing and counter intuitive. I did manage to get a very simple non relational invoice database designed, but the number fields did not print out and the calculation fields did not show a value, even on screen - a pretty basic requirement for an invoice. I also could not get on with the layout, which made the invoice look very basic - not the impression I want to give for my business. For me the exercise has been a waste of £50 and much more in terms of my time.
- Ninox Software GmbH
- 6.6 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Ninox Software GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Ninox Cloud 1 user, 2 GB, monthly £9.99
- Ninox Cloud 5 users, 10 GB, monthly £29.49
- Ninox Cloud 10 users, 20 GB, monthly £58.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.