Hi! My name is Parker. I'm not a company. I'm just a guy in recovery who made Nomo as a tool to keep me on track and motivated. It's a passion project of mine and I hope it helps you as much as it has been helping me!
If you're looking for a simple clock that can track the number of days you've been sober/clean/etc, then Nomo is perfect for you. You can create as many clocks as you need for any hurts, habits, or hang ups. Your clocks are completely private by default and will count those days for you.
If you're looking for something more, just check under the hood. Nomo has tons of optional features like an encouragement wall from the community, accountability partner searching, clock sharing, private messaging with partners, milestone awards, journaling, little games/exercises to help you refocus when you're tempted, and tons more!
What makes Nomo so great?
• Create as many sobriety clocks as you need
• Find accountability parters!
• Share selected clocks with accountability partners
• Send a notification to partners when you're feeling tempted
• Send/Receive notifications when a clock has been reset
• Get a detailed breakdown of your progress down to the minute
• See how much money you've saved by not supporting your habit
• Earn chips when you reach certain milestones in your recovery
• Share your success on Facebook and Twitter
• Submit and read encouragements from the community
• View all of your chips at once to keep you encouraged
• Tap the “check in” button on your shared clocks to show accountability partners that you’re active in your sobriety
• Mini-distraction exercises to help you refocus when you’re feeling tempted
• Prevent someone from accessing your Nomo app with a secure PIN and/or Face/Touch ID.
Nomo is perfect for anyone recovering from alcoholism, sexual or pornography addiction, self-harm, codependency, smoking, tobacco, drug or chemical dependency, anger, depression, or any other kind of hurt, habit, or hangup. I hope it’s a valuable tool for you in your recovery.
- Brought back the original layout for clocks. It's now called, "Classic Mode". You can change it in your clock settings.
- Fixed an issue where some clocks didn't update automatically.
- Fixed some timezone issues.
- Fixed the error where partner clocks don't load.
- Fixed the error that appeared on some phones where they couldn't get beyond the startup screen.
- Fixed FaceID/TouchID and passcode issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple yet effective!
I was on a steadily accelerating decline towards a real drinking problem. Moving from a few craft ales to the cheaper, stronger alternatives on a daily basis. I had to be ready to quit and aware of the problem, and honestly, with this little app keeping a record of each day that I stayed sober I’m now well over the 6 month mark. My cravings have gone and I view alcohol in the same light as I do cigarettes. (Used to smoke but that was easier to quit as I had my daughter and smoking around kids is just gross!)
So if you’re ready to quit, this app is perfect for keeping you on the right path and accountable. It’s so satisfying to hit those big markers. Next up....1 year!! 🥳
This was a 5 star app...before the update and redesign. I would have recommended this to anyone as THE perfect sobriety clock app as well as support tools. But then for reasons unknown, the developer decided to completely redesign the app (for the worse) and place in ads (what a surprise). The UI is terrible, very confusing design of where the clocks are, unnecessary options added in, extremely glitchy zones where the lightest of touch will send you back into the main menu. They complicated the clock resets by adding in extra time reset options, before all you had to do to reset was enter relapse and fresh start times, now they have split each of those down so there are more meaningless screens you must go through. They also removed some of the refocus games which I don’t understand the reasoning behind. The only reason I updated the app was because on the previous version it wouldn’t send me notifications. Had I known I’d be upgrading to this, I would not have updated the app. Extremely disappointed by this. One star.
This app has changed everything for me. The thing that keeps me going in the day is earning my chips. I have tried a few different techniques for trying to get over my addiction but none of them had stuck until this app. I can check in, write in my journal and there is an encouragement section with paragraphs written by users of the app which give you a good pick me up if you are struggling. There are a few little games that are aimed at helping you to refocus and take your mind off things for a while, these are great! Overall I'm very pleased with this app and would recommend it to anyone!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.