Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation. Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Quickly create and edit notes by dragging and dropping documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop.
• Get more done with keyboard shortcuts.
• Secure and lock your notes using Touch ID.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you open multiple notes at once in new windows.
• Easily access your recently opened notes in the Recent Notes subject.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect shapes and precisely erase all ink in varied brush sizes
• Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
• Ink can be scaled, transformed, rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive are all supported!
iOS app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Bullet Proof on iPad, made of chocolate on Mac
I'm not sure how this could happen. The iOS version of Notability is just about the best app out there. With an Apple Pencil, it is so solid and achieves 100% of everthing you throw at it.
I purchased the Mac version with an open mind despite reading the negative reviews. I thought perhaps people were being a little unfair - but no, it really is as wobbly as people say.
The iCould sync is so poor you find yourself giving up before the documents can download. The app frequently crashes and you're just left hanging... right in the middle of writing your assignment or research project etc. How close this is to being great! It just needs fixing!
I use it for Everything
Way better than paper for me. I use iPad Pro and iMac and Macbook and iPhone. I import PDFs, or docs from the print command, or cut and paste parts of e-mails, import photos, or use Apple pencil. My important stuff is captured and sorted.
The sync sometimes is slow and you need to wait. But this is resolved with a 'close the app and start again' action. The trick is not to try to switch between devices while editing the same doc - i.e. start on ipad, go to mac, back to ipad one minute to the next. Be patient and don't overload the iCloud sync. Then everything works. I love it.
Not worth to pay extra on PC
The app works just fine on the iPad version but when it comes to desktop version it's just rubbish. Sluggish, confusing, does not sync well with notes on iPad even iCloud's on, lost most of my notes, thank god I back them up on google drive. And some feastures just don't work on the desktop. Need a lot of improvement on consistency and fucntionalities.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 98.4 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Ginger Labs, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.