Learn to sight read sheet music with this simple note training app. Great for kids and adults trying to learn how to read sheet music by sight. Just play for a minute or two each day and be amazed by how much improved your site reading becomes.
The app is super simple: see how many notes you can correctly identify within the time limit.
Flash card training exercises are completely configurable for ability covering all the main key signatures. Sound effects from a choice of instruments help train your ear as well as eye.
Music teacher? The app is an excellent companion for your students. The play history allows you to review how well and how often your students are practicing. Set them a challenge to beat their high score before the next lesson!
NoteBrainer has the following great features:
* Full key signature coverage - choose how many to train with
* Treble and bass clef - play both or either depending on your instrument
* Quality instrument sounds - choose from piano, guitar, violin, viola, cello, harp, recorder, flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, sax, organ or even bagpipes!
* Assistant modes to help learn notes
* Key signature highlighting - indicates which keys in the key signature are valid to help gain signature familiarity
* English and romantic solfège - C, D, E... or Do, Re, Mi... you choose!
* Sound only mode - see how many notes you can identify by sound only
* Play history - view all your previous exercises, try to beat your high score
* External compatible midi keyboard support
* Universal - works great on both your iPhone or iPad
* Free - So why not send me some great feedback and improvement suggestions
If you have any feedback, suggestions or improvements you would like to see in the app please do not hesitate to contact me via the web site or Facebook. I am open to all and any ideas.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Support for external midi keyboard. Fixed crashing bug at game start.
Ratings and Reviews
It works! ... and quite quickly tooo
This is a great app. You can select the time you wish to play which clef you need to learn. And it if you get some notes wrong it-shows you the correct ones so you can’t start to remember. Then you can increase your time! It keeps your score history too. V good.
Fun game but confusing scales
It’s fun to play n does help with naming notes but is not to scale! Makes it confusing n possibly hinder learning the correct notes on keyboard as both a high and low note r applied to the same key in the game e.g. a high E and a low E are both supposed to be the same key on the onscreen keyboard! Obviously not correct on a real keyboard so may be confusing for learners who need to know not to press the same key for a high n a low note as you do in the game.
Developer Response ,
I agree, there is not really enough space for the whole range in portrait mode but I am considering extending the keyboard and adding this as a feature in landscape mode...
Great app for learning sight-reading
Fantastic app for learning and practicing sight reading. Really like the settings options as it can be set for both learning and improving speed. The history table is great too as it encourages improvement. I use the app on both iPhone and iPad. Thank you!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- James Buchanan
- 58.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 James Buchanan
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.