**2018 New Apps We Love** - Apple
**Oak will guide you to more mindful, relaxed living** - AppAdvice
Oak helps you decompress by transforming your meditation practice from an experiment into a habit. We support you from your first session to your 500th, with mindful, loving-kindness, and sleep meditations as well as unguided sessions and breathing exercises. Individualize your meditations by duration, and customize with silence or calming background sounds. Oak tracks your progress and encourages you to continue building a healthy meditation practice.
- Guided mindful and loving-kindness meditations with male and female instructors
- Choose a guided session duration ranging from 5 to 30 minutes in length
- Choose unguided meditation sessions ranging from 5 minutes to 24 hours in length
- Sit in silence or choose soothing background tracks (bells, blocks, bowls, streams, and other gentle sounds) that encourage restfulness
- Courses: go deeper and learn to practice Mantra meditation with a 10-day course
- Simple yogic breathing exercises that can easily be performed on-the-go
- Options include Box Breathing, Deep Calm, and Awake sessions
- Animated instruction removes the guesswork
- Guided breathing exercises help relax your mind as you drift off to sleep
- Choose silence or gentle background sounds to play during and after your session
- For unguided meditation, set your custom mediation duration, background sounds (or silence), and interval chimes
- Oak tracks the number of minutes/hours you’ve meditated, mindful breaths you’ve taken, and the number of meditation/breathing sessions you’ve accomplished, as well as any consecutive streaks
- Discover new accomplishment badges the more you breathe and meditate with us
- The power of community: Monitor the number of Oak members mindfully breathing and meditating in real time
- Oak supports Apple HealthKit for tracking “mindful minutes” with the Health app (optional).
Thank you for taking care of yourself through meditation. Have questions or feedback? Reach out to us anytime at email@example.com.
Hi Oak crew,
Thank you for your ongoing support. This update contains several small bug fixes and performance improvements.
If you have any questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a wonderful little meditation app. It’s very simple it that’s what meditation should be. This app gives a little guidance and then gives you the option to create an unguided meditation to suit your preferences. There are also breathing exercises and sounds to help with sleep. One of the best things with this app is it’s not always asking for subscriptions or to buy in app purchases. You can just download and your good to go.
The one in app purchase that is available is the mantra course. This is well worth it if you want a little guidance into how to learn mantra meditation. Then when you finish it you can also practice this in the unguided section. All in all a great app that doesn’t require you to break the bank.
It would be great if in the future more courses could be made available but for now enjoy it for what it is a great app.
Almost five stars
I would love to give this app 5 stars but one thing prevents that. The free meditations and breathing aspects are great. The sounds to help with sleep are likewise great. However paid for mantra course although good is not great. When one is instructed to begin your mantra meditation in lesson three the constant interruption of the tutor is disquieting but I accepted that some may develop more quickly than others and this may be required to assist people. Today I did lesson four and we are told to meditate with no guidance but even then the tutor interrupts which as the effect, on me anyway, of someone throwing a bucket of ice cold water over me. My heart jumps and I'm shocked out of my mantra meditation. The feeling is very unpleasant so please could you not say they're will be no guidance when there is going to be these interruptions? I do understand that we develop at different rates but saying there is no guidance in lesson four implies one will be uninterrupted when you are interrupting.
I would like to add that I have just done day seven and the intro days that they're will be no guidance. I thought 'great, no interruptions' how wrong. The guide is talking at regular intervals, you would just get your mantra going and bang! There it is, the bucket of cold water that is the guide interrupting you. There are free courses to be found which don't interrupt. I wish I'd listened to my partner and avoided this one.
Oak - A meditation app
I’m fourteen and autistic and have ADHD. Oak has made a huge difference to my behaviour and my reactions to situations are much calmer than before. Thanks to Oak, I’m no longer on my atomoxitine because it’s allowed me to become a much more relaxed and happy person. Oak is an amazing meditation app. With no premium, it offers loads of unpaid features for you to use over and over again. Two mindfulness options - Meditate and Breathe.
Meditate allows you to choose between unguided and guided meditation with a choice of a Male or Female guide and the sound you want to use. You also have the option to have a completely custom time for unguided (1min - 23hrs59mins) and a choices of 5minute intervals between 10 and 30 mins for guided.
Breathe has 3 different modes: Deep Calm, Box and Awake. These are three different methods of breathing to help with three situations.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Oak by Big Sky Health, Inc.
- 189 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Big Sky Health, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Course: Mantra Meditation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.