The ONLY official Life in the UK Test app – a simple and convenient way to practice for your Life in the UK British Citizenship test on the go.
Prepare to pass your Life in the UK test first time with all these great features:
• Hundreds of official practice questions taken from the "Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition" handbook, written by the Home Office Life in the UK Advisory Group
• Random mock tests which select 24 questions to be answered in 45 minutes – just like the real test
• A Quick Practice mode which focuses on questions from each category
• The Test Summary analyses your test results so you can review your answers and identify areas for improvement
• References to the "Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition" handbook to help you revise and improve your performance. To prepare fully for your Life in the UK test you must use this app along with the Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition handbook
An essential practice tool for anyone:
• Taking the Life in the UK British Citizenship Test
• Wanting to apply for British citizenship or settlement.
• Teaching English or basic skills to refugees, immigrants or prospective applicants for British citizenship or settlement
This app has been created by TSO (www.tso.co.uk) – the publisher of the official Life in the UK Test learning aids, written by the Home Office Life in the UK Advisory Group, the people who set the citizenship test.
To prepare fully for your Life in the UK test you must use this app along with the Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition handbook.
Improved support for iPad Pro.
Ratings and Reviews
You need more than this app to pass the test
Don't be fooled by other readers. This app will get you a 50/50 chance to pass the test. But you most certainly need to read most of the book (mostly the chapters on history and politics). Thankfully I came here and read the reviews the morning before my test. Bought the eKindle book, and managed to read half of of the book just before taking the test. And guess what? At least 6 questions were from book knowledge, most common sense, and the rest from the app. The app helps tremendously to increase your knowledge tenfold. But it won't let you pass the test with it alone. It's not like the driving test apps. You've been warned. Hence my 3 star review. As an app, and starting place to practice, though, it is ace.
Very Good Study Aid But Read The Handbook Too!
I took the LiTUK test today and it was a doddle thanks to the hours I’d put in on the app and reading the handbook. Most of the questions that came up were ones I’d come across on this app but I’d have been stumped on a few other questions if I hadn’t read the handbook. Some of the questions in the test were worded almost exactly like the app, some worded differently but easily answered after using the app. This app (and a lot of the other free practice tests available online) are very heavy on the history questions but in the actual test there were just a couple of those and far more on practical knowledge about actually living the UK today. Perhaps that’s one way the app can be improved. Moral of the story? Do all the practice tests, quizzes and flashcards on the app but read the handbook as well!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your excellent feedback, we will certainly look into your suggestion. Best wishes, TSO.
Not enough to pass the test
I just did my Life in the UK test yesterday (and passed). I read the official book and did 70 mock exams with this app. I had an average pass rate of 90% at the end when I stopped practicing. This app is a bad indicator. I had 7 questions in the exam where I needed to guess and never had them in the mock exams of this app. I was lucky and passed but learning from my experience today, the app is nice but the exam questions were more tricky than the questions in the app and in my case 7 never appeared here. Just not good enough for practicing.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.