OI.Track enriches your activities.
Paired with a compatible OM Digital Solutions camera, the OLYMPUS Image Track (OI.Track) smartphone app makes photography on journeys even more enjoyable. With this app, you can update the camera's GPS assist data, and display the trails taken or vertical distance traveled along with your images.
1. Display images and track data on your smartphone
During your journey, send your camera's track data by Wi-Fi to your smartphone and you will be able to check the progress that you have made on your journey thus far. Track data will be displayed together with images for easy identification.
* Display of movies and altitude/depth data is only possible when using compatible cameras. Compatible cameras: TG-5, TG-Tracker
2. Organize track data and images on your smartphone
Manage your images and track data imported to your smartphone as single Activities. Relive the excitement of the moment and the feeling of accomplishment by viewing the track data together with your images.
* On iPhone 5(iPhone 5C) or earlier iOS devices, 4K videos cannot be imported.
3. Enjoy sharing with your friends and family
Combine Track Data with recorded footage for exciting videos you can share with your friends.
* Maximum image quality of videos edited on a device is Full HD 30 fps.
4. Update GPS Assist Data
Use your smartphone to download the latest GPS assist data and transfer it t your camera by WI-Fi, to drastically shorten location acquisition time, whenever and wherever you are.
5. Add location information
By simply transferring the GPS log recorded with a smartphone to the camera, location information can be added to photos captured with a compatible camera with built-in Wi-Fi.
* Be aware that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
6. Easy Setup
All you need to do is scan the QR code displayed on the screen of a compatible camera with OI.Track to easily set up Wi-Fi connection settings.
* This app is not guaranteed to work on all devices.
* Compatible cameras: E-M1X, TG-6, TG-5, TG-4, TG-3, TG-870, TG-860, and TG-Tracker. Location information can be added on OM Digital Solutions cameras with Wi-Fi.
* Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
The company name has been changed.
Ratings and Reviews
Works but could be better
I have 2 OMD E-M1 & M1X plus a PEN-F. It is a real shame that only 1 camera can be registered at a time and I therefore have to unregister one camera every time I switch cameras. I do not expect this app to work with multiple cameras at the same time but come on Olympus nobody has to delete WiFi hotspots every time they want to connect to a new one. For me this has the potential to be a 5* app but not at the moment.
Needs better instructions
I posted a condemning initial review as I could not geotag my pictures. To help others (and I can find no mention of this in their instructions) you have to swipe left on your log data, which reveals the add geotag window. The OI Share app automatically recognised new information to add. Initially,I am very pleased to be able to log information about where I am and, when I am out with two cameras, to be able to log data for both.
My previous review (1x star!): As someone else has stated, this app does not appear to geotag my EM1 but also my EM5 II. I have tried the app on my I-Phone and I-pad with “no images being recorded” during the period logged. I have been using the OI Share app successfully for the last year or so.
Good but needs better documentation
This app works well with my Olympus E-M1 and enables geotagging of pictures taken with the camera. It’s let down by the lack of clear instructions on how to use it, as evidenced by the number of reviews that say it doesn’t work. It does work if you can figure out how to use it - come on Olympus, provide some decent instructions and you might get 5*! The app writes a gps log file to the camera’s SD card and that data can be converted to a standard .gpx format using a tool such as GPS Visualizer. Both jpg and raw files are tagged with location data from the app’s log file. I don’t have a camera that has built-in gps so can’t comment on how well the app handles that.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OM Digital Solutions Corporation
- 47.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 OM Digital Solutions Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.