Offline Ordnance Survey maps of Great Britain along with GPS functionality.
Outdoor Map Navigator apps are available on iOS, macOS, PC and other phones allowing you to use the maps you purchase or subscribe to along with your routes on multiple phones, tablets and computers.
Four Platforms at no extra cost
• OMN apps are available on four platforms: iOS, macOS, PC and other phones.
• Sync your routes and maps between all of the apps with ease via Anquet Cloud.
• Purchase a subscription and use your maps on all four apps.
• Download maps to store on your iPhone/iPad to use them offline without an internet connection.
• See your position in real time on the latest Ordnance Survey maps.
• Record tracklogs of where you have been.
• Plot routes, edit and style them.
• Fully featured offline search including place names and postcodes.
• Use Ordnance Survey grid references, lat/lon or UTM.
• Access the latest Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 scale Explorer maps and 1:50,000 scale Landranger maps.
• High Definition and Standard Definition Ordnance Survey maps are available.
• Subscribe or buy Ordnance Survey maps.
• Other maps available include OS Open Map Local, OS Vector Map, Harvey and historical maps.
• Maps can be downloaded for offline use so that they can be used away from an internet connection.
• Superfast map rendering to any zoom level.
• Use your maps on iOS, macOS, PC and other phones via OMN apps on these platforms – no need to use a clunky web browser based system.
• The option to stream maps when you have an internet connection.
Routes and Tracklogs
• Add and save waypoints.
• Plot, edit and style your own routes.
• Create your own styles for routes and tracks with transparency, thickness and colour.
• Choose from over 200 icons for waypoints, or import your own on OMN macOS or OMN PC and sync to your account for use on OMN iOS.
• Save routes and tracks and sync them to Anquet Cloud to access them on other OMN apps.
• Import and Export data in the industry standard GPX file format.
Use your maps, routes and tracks within any of the four OMN apps. You can therefore plan a route on the larger screen on your Mac or PC, and then easily sync your route data to your iPhone or iPad. If you need to make a change whilst on the go, OMN iOS has a full route editing system. When you have completed your trip, review your tracklog either on OMN iOS, or quickly sync to your Mac or PC to view on a larger screen.
Anquet Maps have been building digital mapping systems since 2001. This latest version of OMN was built with the help of our customers concentrating on usability and consistency across iOS, macOS, PC and other phones to allow users to learn the system once and easily move between computers without having to relearn everything. Although you have a full route editing system on your iPhone or iPad, also having access to the same tools on your Mac or PC will make your route planning much easier due to the larger screen. OMN mac and PC also contain a very powerful print engine to allow you to make map prints to carry as a backup.
If you have questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
+ Share Grid Reference added. Long press on the map, and select 'Share Grid Reference'.
+ Improvements to map download for offline map usages away from an internet connection.
+ Improvements to tracklogs.
+ Performance improvements.
+ Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad, but buggy
Fiddled with the demo mode for a bit, and immediately noticed that the app’s title on load is covered by the iPhone X’s notch. Few other things: it could do with a bit of a tutorial or some UI work to make it easier to work out how to use the app for new users. Eventually downloaded the HD OS demo map, however when zooming in on some areas, the image wouldn’t load correctly, so those sections could only be viewed zoomed out. And then it crashed on me. Sent the report!
Developer Response ,
Hi, if you exit the app, re-enter, and go into Manage Maps, you should be able to verify the demo map which should correct the corruption you have. At a stretch, you may need Settings->Re-Index. We have dealt with the notch for the Statistics bar whilst running, but I will get the startup app name added to our to-do list. We have another release coming along pretty soon with some further stability fixes.
Great build on previous version
I've used Anquet mapping products for many years and overall been very happy but I have used other mapping software for my walks and bike rides. This new OMN iOS version which I've installed on my iPad Pro, is more intuitive and easier to use that the previous iOS OMN version and just a seamless experience as all my routes, planned and walked, maps, line styles etc., are available and work in a similar way across all of my devices. This looks like a major development to the OMN product range and introducing, I'm pleased to say, a directly supported Mac OS version, (I've currently downloaded a Mac beta version). The interface has common themes over all the platforms so it’s been a short leaning curve to set up the OMN software, some beta versions, on all my devices. I've taken a subscription as I think that would work better for me and I can download or stream all the latest OS maps as they are released. I’ve experimented using my Garmin GLO (GPS/GLNOSS receiver) with my WiFi only iPad Pro, it works really well, allowing me to see a larger mapping screen and still record tracks, easier on my eyes?
Overall this is looking good, currently lacking a mini compass and a few essentials but I understand these in the pipeline.
The new release Anquet OMN2017 on an iPhone is an oustanding UK app enabling the use of the most upto date Ordinance Survey maps. The clarity of maps on the screen is far superior to any make of gps currently on the market due to HD mapping and the larger screens which is so important navigating in bad weather. Importantly the app menu can be used wearing a glove. Maps can be downloaded and used in remote areas without the internet. This is also the cheapest way to utilise the OS maps of the whole UK.
- Anquet Technology Ltd
- 114.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Anquet Technology Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.