Check out your favorite audiobooks, comics, eBooks, educational offerings, magazines, newspapers, videos and much more from your library. With RBdigital for libraries, you can access 15+ content services—all from a single app. Please Note: Content availability varies by library
Only RBdigital delivers all of your favorite types of content, all in one app:
• Books: Thousands of exclusive Recorded Books audiobook titles, as well as audiobook and eBook content from all major authors and publishers.
• Magazines and Comics: The world's most popular library digital newsstand with titles including The Economist and Us Weekly, and hundreds of top comics including the largest collection of Marvel®
comics available to libraries.
• Education: A comprehensive collection that includes The Great Courses, world language learning for adults and children, art and music instruction, software training, test prep, and more.
• Entertainment: Unlimited access to entertainment services, including movies and television shows, British TV and film, Spanish telenovelas and movies, and concerts.
• Health and Wellness: Unlimited access to live and on-demand wellness and personal development classes with experts from around the world.
• Newspapers: Access thousands of newspapers every day, including Boston Herald, Chicago Tribune, Denver Post, Los Angeles Times, Miami Herald, and New York Post, along with 90 days of back issues from national, provincial, and global leading publications.
Whether you’re on the go or at home, RBdigital delivers your favorite titles right to your smartphone or tablet. It’s never been easier to access the best digital media from your library’s collection.
Download the app now to listen, watch, read, learn, and enjoy!
• Minor enhancements.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Digital magazine lending.
I’ve now used RB digital for a few months and it has been such a boon, the cost of the magazines on the newsstand seems expensive especially when you count the number of advertising pages, personally now that I am on a fixed pension I would not be able to keep up the subscription costs. The point is for me is that I have read and have bought products through getting this free through my library card so in the end the benefit has worked both ways.
This more modern forward strategy by our library service is wonderful for subscribers like myself, the range of magazines is comprehensive and please forward this to the publishers, I’m into photography (and now watercolour painting) and probably spend far to much anyway. Oh well when is the next editions
Problem With Update to v.4.7.1 AND v4.7.4
App previously worked well on my iPad, but after latest update it is now impossible to read mags offline - the space which normally displays 'checked out' mags is just blank. This severely affects usefulness of app as I am often out of wifi range!
As of Dec 4th, STILL not fixed. STILL unusable offline. This am app does not display any mags or my checked out selections. Currently useless - are the developers doing anything about it??
Dec 17th: Latest v7.4 is WORSE than previous version (if that were possible). It now allows offline reading BUT crashes EVERY time I try to download new magazines.
It is a scandal that the App Store still shows a 4+ star rating, when almost no recent review gives higher than 1 star - and that's probably because there is no 'zero star' option.
Feb 18th 2019: App now (just) usable. Have realised that when it crashes on opening (which it ALWAYS does), it has in fact 'disappeared' behind the iPad home screen! Double-clicking the home button brings it back on top - where a single tap (and a wait of 20secs) takes me into the 'My Magazines' view. Good - but WHY is this whole rigmarole necessary every time???
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We apologise for the issues you have experienced, you should now find that the app issues have been rectified. For further assistance please email us at RBdigital@wfhowes.co.uk
Waste of time!
This app should be fantastic. The idea of being able to access and download free content via your library account is a great one, except that it doesn’t work. For the last couple of weeks I have been suffering issues with either my checked out and downloaded magazines not appearing in my account, or having to re-download the magazines every time I open the app, or the app not allowing me to download things at all, or just endlessly buffering during a download. All of these things are infuriating, but in the last three days it has surpassed itself by crashing three seconds after I open the app on every occasion that I have tried to read a magazine. I have kept the app up to date and am using a fully up to date iPad Pro and iPhone 8, so old equipment or out of date updates can’t be blamed. What is the point of the app with this level of reliability or performance?
Can I ask anyone from the app developers who reads this review to respond with either advice on how to resolve my issues or to get a new update which does it for me out ASAP please?
Developer Response ,
Hi thanks for your detailed feedback and sorry for the late response.
If you haven't already, please try our updated version in the app store. If you are still having issues with the app, please email me at email@example.com so we can help.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.