If you love tracking aircraft using Virtual Radar Server, dump1090 or ModeSMixer2 then you'll love OpenADSB. OpenADSB is a full featured high performance aircraft tracker display app that connects to a variety of backend air traffic sources. Enjoy OpenADSB's smooth native iOS experience instead of using VRS' web interface.
Many features including:
• Connects to Virtual Radar Server version 2.4, dump1090 (mutability, MalcolmRobb and FlightAware forks) and ModeSMixer2. Supports password protected servers (basic access authentication).
• Comes preconfigured using ADS-B Exchange (adsbexchange.com), note that OpenADSB is not affiliated with ADSBexchange.com, LLC
• Smoothly displays thousands of aircraft
• Shows aircraft history trails for a single or multiple aircraft
• Various aircraft and history trail color schemes and optional legend
• Fully configurable filtering, display only the aircrafts you want to see
• Configurable military, VFR and emergency highlights
• Long-press on an aircraft to perform a browser search of its callsign and registration
• Tap on an aircraft to show more details including a thumbnail image
• Details are fully configurable and includes callsign, registration, ICAO hex code, altitude, speed, vertical speed, heading, aircraft type & operator, squawk code, MLAT, latitude/longitude and more
• Display values in imperial or metric
• Convert airport codes between ICAO and IATA
• Bookmark up to 3 favorite locations
• Optimized data fetching logic minimizes network, battery usage and server load
• Highly configurable
• Supports Split View, Slide Over and multitasking on iPad
• Keyboard shortcuts for external keyboards
Limitations and Disclaimer
OpenADSB is a general air traffic visualizer for Virtual Radar Server and dump1090 data sources. OpenADSB is not affiliated with ADSBexchange.com, LLC. As a convenience, OpenADSB comes preconfigured using ADSBexchange.com as the default data source. Air traffic data, its accuracy, and its validity, is the sole responsibility of the data provider. OpenADSB is for entertainment use only, and not for operational, flight, navigation, or any mission critical use.
• The track color can be changed directly from the legend.
• Allow for faster VRS fetch rates. The actual fetch rate is limited by the server's MinimumRefreshSeconds setting.
Ratings and Reviews
Move over Flightradar24
Downloaded minutes ago and love it already. No need for Flightradar24 anymore for me. It's so responsive and quick. Haven't explored any features as yet as all I want is there straight out the box. The military stuff is there and it's highlighted too -wow. All for a fantastic fiver (£5). Well done, made my day.
Binning flight radar
Because of this app. The only thing I don’t like is it doesn’t seem to show airports/departure-arrival boards the way fl24 does. Do t know if that’s something I’m doing wrong or if it’s a feature that could be added. Really quick app, can only compare to fl24, sorry lol but it is the superior app here. Shows some aircraft that fl24 does not, but fl24 also shows the flight path from take off airport to destination. Something else that could be added possibly. Loving it, well done and keep up the hard work ❤️
Brilliant quality app and works well!!
Only thing missing... ability to show the ADSBexchange radar id that is currently tracking and ability to filter for that radar then it will be perfect!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. Filter by VRS feed and displaying the feed has been added in version 1.1.1.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.