"Named as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em up" -- WeDoCode
Enter the absorbing world of Osmos: part ambient, cosmic simulator, and part Darwinistic game of survival. This multi-award-winning game features beautiful, physics-based gameplay, dreamlike visuals, and an atmospheric electronic soundtrack.
Your goal is to grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this fundamental balance, Osmos leads the player through ambient playgrounds, deep solar systems, competitive petri dishes, dense mote-fields, and more.
* Progress from serenely ambient levels into varied and challenging worlds. (47 levels plus bonus content.)
* Confront attractors, repulsors and intelligent motes with similar abilities and goals as you.
* Procedural content: play random versions of any level.
* Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more.
* 11 glorious achievements.
* Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
* Retina display support.
* 5 languages: English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
* Winner of the IGF D2D Vision award.
* Winner of the "Best in Show" and "Fun/Compelling" awards at IndieCade.
* Independent Games Festival finalist in three categories: Seumas McNally Grand Prize, Excellence in Design and Technical Excellence
* Selected as one of the 2009 PAX 10
* ...and chosen by many websites in their best-of-year lists.
"a beautiful, absorbing experience… brilliant to look at… the best videogame music I've heard… will make you forget your cares and immerse you in the game… you'll find yourself returning for the experience." -- Editor’s Choice Award, IGN
"wonderful gameplay… beautifully polished and tantalizingly atmospheric… Osmos mixes puzzle, action and strategy remarkably and all the while does it with great finesse and style." -- indiegames.com
"beyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible." -- GameAndPlayer.net
"an almost transcendental video game experience… a stellar example of electronic music's potential impact on indie video game production." -- londonfuse.ca
Fix for game hanging on "loading sounds..." screen on subsequent runs for some users running Catalina.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hugely enjoyable action puzzler
In this game you control a ‘mote’, absorbing smaller motes and avoiding absorbtion by larger motes. Hemisphere Games’ treatment of this simple concept is elegantly enjoyable, with stunning graphics and a laid-back, chilled-out techno soundtrack as its ideal accompaniment.
The game starts off with easy enough levels but the later ones offer a genuine challenge. An arcade mode allows for a short, fun blast of Osmos play at your own pace. I haven’t tried the network multiplayer but I’m confident it does what you’d expect.
I got this at a discount, but I’d happily pay full price knowing how much fun I’ve had out of playing it. Recommended.
Been playing this for years, forst on the ipad and now on the imac. So frustrating. So intense. So much immersive fun! And so simple yet complicated!
Really great game. Absolutely worth to buy it!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hemisphere Games Inc
- 21 MB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Hemisphere Games
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.