Otter records and takes meeting notes for you in real-time, so you can stay focused on the conversation and rest assured that all information (e.g. actions, highlights, photos, attendees) is captured, easily searchable, and shareable with your team. Otter.ai is also available online. English only.
Supercharge your note taking with AI and use Otter for all your meetings, interviews, lectures, and everyday voice conversations.
Many Uses of Otter
• Take meeting notes automatically
• Share meeting minutes and summary with teammates to keep everyone in sync
• Invite collaborators to edit and highlight meeting notes
• Record and transcribe interviews, lectures, podcasts, videos, webinars, keynotes
• Provide live captioning to deaf, hard-of-hearing, ESL people, and anyone with accessibility needs
Record & Transcribe Live
• Record instantly in one tap, with widget and shortcut too
• Transcribe in real time (when online) with high accuracy
• Highlight the key points to review later
• Insert photos of whiteboard discussions, slides, etc.
• Scroll back to grab a quote or revisit a point
• Input audio via built-in mic or Bluetooth device
Enrich Notes with AI
• Punctuate, capitalize, and break paragraphs automatically
• Identify speakers (after some training)
• Generate word clouds and summary keywords; tap on a word to jump to where it was said
Share & Collaborate
• Start a recording inside a group to share the transcript live
• Invite group members to view, edit, and highlight collaboratively
• Share externally via links
• Include a link in your tweet to embed an interactive transcript
Search & Playback
• Search the text so you don't have to scrub through the whole audio
• Playback at adjustable speeds
• Follow along the highlighted word as the audio is playing
• Tap on any word to skip the audio to that spot
Edit & Highlight
• Edit the text to correct any errors
• Tag the speakers to label the paragraphs and train Otter to identify speakers too
• Highlight sentences in one tap
Organize & Export
• Organize conversations into personal folders
• Copy to clipboard, or share directly to other apps
• Export as PDF, TXT, SRT, MP3
Import & Sync
• Import audio and video files
• Sync your Zoom account to transcribe cloud recordings
• Upload from other call recording apps
• Sync your calendars to be reminded to record your meetings and auto-title your notes
• Import your contacts for easy sharing
Optimized for iOS
• Start/Stop recording with Siri Shortcut & home widget
• Record via AirPods
• Sync with iOS Calendar, Contacts & Camera
• Preview conversations with 3D Touch
• Lock with Face/Touch ID
• Print via AirPrint
• Adjust font size with Dynamic Type
• 6000 minutes of transcription per month
• More playback speeds and skip silence
• Bulk export
• Choose from USD 9.99 billed monthly or USD 99.99 billed yearly
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscriptions in Settings and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
Otter for Teams
• Built for teams and organizations
• Capture, organize, and share valuable knowledge collaboratively
• Manage accounts and billing centrally
"Apps We Love 2019" – App Store
"7 Best Apps of 2018" – Mashable
"25 Best New Apps of 2018" – Fast Company
We take security and privacy seriously. Your data is confidential and will not be transferred to third parties. You have full control to delete your data from your account.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for speedy product support.
Terms of Service: https://otter.ai/terms-of-service
• NEW FEATURE: You can add Comments to annotate your conversations with notes and URL links, and message other collaborators by typing @ followed by their names. Learn more: https://blog.otter.ai/comments
• Smoother experience when selecting text in the live conversation during recording
• [Otter for Teams only] you can now add custom vocabulary for both personal and team levels
• [Otter for Teams only] fixed an issue with phone number entry during two-factor authentication setup
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Podcasters dream solution
I’ve been using this app for a month now and not only does it have the essential requirements of voice recorder quality, accurate transcription to text and intuitive interface but it surprises me with thoughtful output hacks like the word cloud which allows me to pull all recordings into a list based on a chosen tag.
Its so easy to podcast using Otter. I just record the podcast episode on Otter (usually in sections) then import to Dropbox before adding to the Audacity editor where I can add music and refine the show. It’s a great time saving tool because the playback functionality allows you to read the text transcript (which makes it easy to spot those parts of the show you want to edit) and tap the screen at the partvyuu want to listen to again. This saves hours of time listening to audio.
There seems to be masses of free recording minutes which is generous and allows time to explore before committing to a subscription.
Thank you Otter team, absolutely brilliant.
Developer Response ,
Thanks! Refer your friends through your referral link and you both get rewarded. Follow us on Twitter (@otter_ai), Facebook (@OtterAI), and LinkedIn (Otter.ai). Also check out Otter for Teams ( https://otter.ai/teams ) for your organization.
Just used Otter to record and transcribe a 30 minute interview, in a noisy cafe full of chattering customers. The transcript wasn't perfect but it gave me the basis for writing up the interview - and the ability to listen to the original recording on the Otter website while editing the transcript was really useful.
Especially helpful is the ability to jump to any point in the recording by selecting a word in the transcript.
All this with 600 free minutes a month - just fantastic. Highly recommended, a major time saver.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! Please tell your friends about Otter and you will both get rewarded. Follow us on Twitter (@otter_ai), Facebook (@OtterAI), and LinkedIn (Otter.ai). Also check out Otter for Teams https://otter.ai/teams for your organization.
Don’t know what other reviewers mean
I downloaded this app on a whim thinking it seemed like something that would come in handy if it worked well. Other reviewers said that it worked well, even in places with high ambient noises, albeit you did need to go back over it an edit a few words here and there.
What came out was, to me at least, utter gibberish. It seems like if I can get people to speak slowly and clearly and without interrupting each other at any point then the app can largely handle that well, but that’s just not how people talk. Every time I tried to record something more chaotic- eg a family dinner, maybe one sentence in five was clearly transcribed with the others being almost non sensical.
Perhaps my phone has out of date software (pretty sure that’s not the case) or there’s some other underlying issue causing the app to not work properly but my experience is exceptionally poor. I am only giving two stars because I want the app to get better and the UI is quite simple and intuitive, as well it has a good search feature, but without the cornerstone of decent transcription, it’s just not enough.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we would love to investigate why your results differ greatly from many Otter users. Otter is primarily intended for meetings, interviews, lectures, and podcasts. For best results, please record clear audio of people speaking clearly, minimize background noise and speech overlap. Would you like to give Otter another try with these tips? Please see these user testimonials of the accuracy that's possible with Otter: https://blog.otter.ai/accuracy
- AISense Inc.
- 148.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Otter.ai
- In-App Purchases
- Otter Premium (monthly) £8.99
- Otter Premium (Yearly) £90.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.