** France’s No1 mapping and GPS app – Ideal for following hiking and biking routes in total confidence – Official Topo Maps (IGN) can be downloaded so app works anywhere regardless of signal so you’ll never become lost again! – Other Maps include Satellite, and Road maps – Find & Follow routes across Europe – Record, save & share routes online. **
***** “Extremely easy to use and looks great. Verdict: an easy and low cost way to get into GPS navigation.” -[Trek & Mountain Magazine].
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
OutDoors France turns your phone into a fully functioning outdoor GPS;
• Find your location in seconds.
• Find or create your ideal route.
• Follow your route easily with in-built Compass and super-clear direction view.
• No need for a paper map nor expensive specialist GPS to enjoy a trip with confidence.
• Watch the app track your route on the map with statistics (route record).
• Current position stays centre (great for cycling).
GREAT CHOICE OF MAPS – UNLIMITED FREE DOWNLOADS – TOPO MAPS (IGN)
• No need for phone signal - map downloads are stored on your iPhone.
• 5 free map types include; Topo Maps*, Road Maps, Satellite view, Terrain & Hybrid
• You can rotate the online maps & tilt the Terrain map to give a 3D effect.
• View your chosen maps in glorious full screen (minimize icons).
• Large map downloads make it really easy to manage your maps.
* Topo Maps are France’s official highly detailed topographical maps licensed by IGN.
FREE ROUTE BUILDING WEBSITE & COMMUNITY
• Plan, edit and share routes.
• Use our Map Search tool for finding routes all over France.
• View graphical elevation profiles, total climb & distances.
• Move routes between iPhone, iPad and website in seconds.
• Share routes on Facebook, Twitter, Email (or Import/Export GPX files).
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
You can subscribe to IGN Unlimited Maps. Your subscription will be £30 for 365 days from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Quick update that helps fix a couple crashes introduced by iOS 13.4.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hiking in France with one app
Topographic maps are outstanding for hiking in France, because based on historical geographical databases from the main national research institute. All small and marked paths are included. Even paths below tree cover are correct, despite being invisible from satellite or aerial photos, thanks to IGN agents walking there with recording instruments.
Maps good but poor help files and support
Maps are fine but help files are out of date and how to actually download a map for offline viewing is well hidden under Store > and the little '+' symbol in the top left in the latest version. I missed this and emailed support a week before a trip but got no reply. Tried loading the maps to see if this would download them but they disappeared as soon as I was out of signal.
User Guide has screen images for an older version where downloading was much more obvious. Help Centre doesn't even have an FAQ for how to download maps.
Best walking app for France
As the title says, this is the best walking map for France. I never fear being lost or not getting home.
- RoadTour LLC
- 188.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 RoadTour LLC
- In-App Purchases
- IGN Maps PRO £19.99
- 12 Month Subscription to Online maps for France £20.49
- IGN Maps PRO £14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.