Includes a free download of all 15 GB National Parks, normally £9.99 (Ordnance Survey 1:50k).
*** Extremely easy to use and looks great. [Trek & Mountain Magazine]
*** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. [Stuff Magazine]
*** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! [Outdoors Magazine]
OutDoors GB makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside with confidence.
• Trusted by hikers, cyclists, ramblers, and outdoor instructors.
• At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs.
• The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favorite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface.
• There is now no reason to ever get lost again.
• Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
OutDoors GB takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• HIKERS: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey by hitting the record button and finally save and share favorite spots by creating a ‘My Places” list
• RUNNERS: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats and save your favorite places on the routes for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains by creating your personal point of interests list
• CYCLISTS: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics
• PHOTOGRAPHERS: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere - Break free of phone signals and download maps to use and explore anywhere
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning on integrated website (outdoorsgps.com)
• Unlimited access to online & offline OS Maps (PRO)
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Quick access to download OS Map regions: Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping on the screen
• Follow a planned route using the in-built compass
• Create & Share 'My Places' list (picnic area, views etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (150,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps
• Plan, edit and share your routes via Email, Text, Social, etc.
You can subscribe to OutDoors PRO for unlimited OS Maps & Premium Routes. Your subscription will be £30 for 365 days from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Also access your OutDoors PRO unlimited OS Maps online: https://outdoorsgps.com
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Update color for recording route
• additional iOS 13 support
Ratings and Reviews
The best phone mapping tool
I use this app for MTB and hiking route mapping and navigation. It’s fab.
I find and plan my own routes using the website route builder. Also import GPX routes other people have created or I’ve paid for and keep them private for my own use.
If you pay for the online OS map subscription you can log on whilst on WiFi it 3/4G and move in and out of the route map area to cache the tiles for when you’re out of signal range.
I love that you move between 25k and 50k when zooming in as I would never buy both before and try make do with 25k. I also use google maps and google satellite when route planning. Having all these map tools at your disposal makes it very clear.
Personally if I’m going to be doing a lot of complex route navigation in a wilderness area, I still buy the offline map for reassurance.
Yes, you need to either buy OS maps for the area you’re going to or pay for the unlimited access. You can’t rely on free google maps when you’re in the middle of the countryside halfway up a mountain!
Yes, navigation is battery intensive. Screen + gps + searching for signal in poor signal areas is battery intensive. Take a power pack with you.
Could be so much better
I’ve been using this app since 2012 and have bought quite a number of maps. I use it all the time both when on holiday to record our touring and find interesting terrain and also at home to plan our holidays.
Apart from the frustrations of having to redownload maps on occasions, being forced into subscriptions, becoming progressively slower - more so after the latest release, being prompted for suggestions about how to improve the user experience but not getting any feedback here are three things I would like to be incorporated.
1. Enable your recordings to be sorted chronologically not numerically as it is very frustrating when trying to look back over your journeys
2. To be able to freeze the current scale when zooming. Different information is given at different resolutions, using it in the car is totally different to using it for walking. Finding a route in the car does not need detail information and it is very frustrating just when the size of text is readable it suddenly shrinks and the information you want disappears. The size of the screen and resolution of the device makes a big difference to what you can actually see as does having older eyes.
3. When reopening the app, more often then not, I would like to return to the same selection.
Just about sorted!
After updating my iPhone to version 5.0 I was dismayed to find that during the set-up it had created around 300 duplicate routes on my website account! After spending several hours removing these duplicates I deleted and reinstalled the iPhone app. I now appear to have my 100 most recent routes on the app. I am assuming any new routes will get synced to the website automatically and visa versa but I’ve yet to test this fully.
I have around 400 routes on the website that appear invisible on the app with no way to download these onto the phone via the app. This is the same situation as the previous version of the app so I’m not sure how this ranks as an improvement.
TIP - if anyone wants to get one of their ‘invisible’ routes onto their phone then save it as a GPX file from the website then import it back onto the website. As this new copy will now be one of the most recent 100 routes it should (I believe) appear on your phone automatically.
- RoadTour LLC
- 258.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 RoadTour LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Derbyshire OS Maps 1:25k £25.99
- Oxfordshire OS Maps 1:25k £25.99
- East Riding of Yorkshire OS Maps 1:25k £25.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.