Includes a free download of all 15 GB National Parks, normally £9.99 (Ordnance Survey 1:50k).
*** Extremely easy to use and looks great. [Trek & Mountain Magazine]
*** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. [Stuff Magazine]
*** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! [Outdoors Magazine]
OutDoors GB makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside with confidence.
• Trusted by hikers, cyclists, ramblers, and outdoor instructors.
• At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs.
• The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favorite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface.
• There is now no reason to ever get lost again.
• Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
OutDoors GB takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• HIKERS: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey by hitting the record button and finally save and share favorite spots by creating a ‘My Places” list
• RUNNERS: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats and save your favorite places on the routes for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains by creating your personal point of interests list
• CYCLISTS: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics
• PHOTOGRAPHERS: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere - Break free of phone signals and download maps to use and explore anywhere
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning on integrated website (outdoorsgps.com)
• Unlimited access to online & offline OS Maps (PRO)
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Quick access to download OS Map regions: Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping on the screen
• Follow a planned route using the in-built compass
• Create & Share 'My Places' list (picnic area, views etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (150,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps
• Plan, edit and share your routes via Email, Text, Social, etc.
You can subscribe to OutDoors PRO for unlimited OS Maps & Premium Routes. Your subscription will be £30 for 365 days from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Also access your OutDoors PRO unlimited OS Maps online: https://outdoorsgps.com
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Quick update that helps fix a couple crashes introduced by iOS 13.4.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The best phone mapping tool
I use this app for MTB and hiking route mapping and navigation. It’s fab.
I find and plan my own routes using the website route builder. Also import GPX routes other people have created or I’ve paid for and keep them private for my own use.
If you pay for the online OS map subscription you can log on whilst on WiFi it 3/4G and move in and out of the route map area to cache the tiles for when you’re out of signal range.
I love that you move between 25k and 50k when zooming in as I would never buy both before and try make do with 25k. I also use google maps and google satellite when route planning. Having all these map tools at your disposal makes it very clear.
Personally if I’m going to be doing a lot of complex route navigation in a wilderness area, I still buy the offline map for reassurance.
Yes, you need to either buy OS maps for the area you’re going to or pay for the unlimited access. You can’t rely on free google maps when you’re in the middle of the countryside halfway up a mountain!
Yes, navigation is battery intensive. Screen + gps + searching for signal in poor signal areas is battery intensive. Take a power pack with you.
Could be so much better
I’ve been using this app since 2012 and have bought quite a number of maps. I use it all the time both when on holiday to record our touring and find interesting terrain and also at home to plan our holidays.
Apart from the frustrations of having to redownload maps on occasions, being forced into subscriptions, becoming progressively slower - more so after the latest release, being prompted for suggestions about how to improve the user experience but not getting any feedback here are three things I would like to be incorporated.
1. Enable your recordings to be sorted chronologically not numerically as it is very frustrating when trying to look back over your journeys
2. To be able to freeze the current scale when zooming. Different information is given at different resolutions, using it in the car is totally different to using it for walking. Finding a route in the car does not need detail information and it is very frustrating just when the size of text is readable it suddenly shrinks and the information you want disappears. The size of the screen and resolution of the device makes a big difference to what you can actually see as does having older eyes.
3. When reopening the app, more often then not, I would like to return to the same selection.
Differences between off line and live OS maps and poor customer support
This is generally a good app, with good OS coverage throughout Britain. It is very much let down by the poor customer support, if a question is easily answered they do so, however more complicated issues are simply ignored!
In addition there are differences between the offline OS maps and the live (OS unlimited) maps. At the same scale and supposed level of detail, the offline maps has less, missing and incorrect detail, for example it has paths missing or mislabelled (i.e. a bridleway marked as a footpath, or permissive paths not marked at all). This has been a major issue when walking out of phone signal range. I normally carry a paper map as backup, however why am I paying for a service which doesn’t provide the correct information?
I would recommend looking around for alternative OS apps before paying to use this one. At least till they resolve the discrepancy in their maps and improve their customer support.
- RoadTour LLC
- 258.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 RoadTour LLC
- In-App Purchases
- OS Maps PRO £19.99
- OS Maps PRO £14.99
- South West England OS Maps 1:50k £12.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.