Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or use your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, CVs, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto-scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
•Style your text by filling it with gradients or images, or by applying new outline styles.
•Customise lists by choosing from new bullet types, changing the size and colour of bullets, creating custom bullets, adjusting indentation levels and more.
•Choose Learn Spelling to add a word to the spelling dictionary.
•Create links from text to other pages in a page layout document.
•Copy and paste pages or sections between documents.
•Use new chart editing capabilities to change the style of individual series, adjust spacing between columns, add trendlines and more.
•Adjust the appearance of cell borders in tables.
•Place images, shapes and equations inline in text boxes so they move with text.
•Choose whether Apple Pencil is used for drawing or to select and scroll — or toggle between these options via double tap using a supported Apple Pencil.
•Using face detection, subjects in photos are intelligently positioned in placeholders and objects.
•Reapply a master page so text and media placeholders return to their default style and position.
•Create books using new templates for novels (available in English only).
Ratings and Reviews
Full of bugs and glitches since the last update
I have been happily using this app for years, but the latest iPad version is a constant pain.
The first issue is that all the pages docs stored on my iPad were wiped on updating and only docs saved in cloud storage were usable. I have no idea why this happened so I tried restoring them from a back up on my MacBook and still they wouldn’t open. The app just kept freezing. I finally gave up and deleted and reinstalled Pages hoping this would fix the issue.
It did allow me to access cloud storage in Dropbox, etc but still keeps freezing or crashing completely and now has a number of conflicted versions of the same document which you then have to start working out how to manage - in 30 mins, I managed to acquire 13 different versions of the same document on both the iPad and in Dropbox! This means having to go through and delete the majority. Not sure if working through google docs or similar is proving as frustrating.
It’s great for apps to work alongside cloud storage, but only if access to the documents is consistently good, without that, the glitches make it pretty worthless as a way of working and if I had lost anything really important, I would have been very angry. I’m lucky I keep back ups. If you use pages on iPad at the moment, make sure you have back ups of anything really important or you risk losing it. The last freeze once again stole all the docs on the iPad itself so nothing appeared in the menu.
Barely functional for an Apple product.
All my previous complaints still exist. Pages used to great, but now it seems Apple is more interested in features than fixing the broken bits. I could list over 10 problems with Pages that have never been addressed or fixed, but I've got better things to do with my life.
And if the above statement wasn't true then the bluetooth keyboard delay and double character problem would have been fixed years ago. Not to mention the new navigation feature that is ill thought out for existing documents. What ever happened to the right hand side of the screen high speed scrolling feature, I guess the designers who don't use word processors thought shiny knobs were better than proper human usable interfaces. And don't get me started on the problem of left hand margin settings triggering the Documents Gallery???????? What gives?
There are better word processors out there, avoid until Apple wakes up and fixes things.
You should down load this app because it is a very good thing to have. It is AMAZING!!!!!!!! The first time it amazed me I went on it all day an till my battrey ran out . It doesn’t run out of memory you can right any thing you want on it. It is like pages. GET THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! It put a smile on my face. Don’t get it if you don’t want to but I would and I have got it. I am never ever going to delete it ever ever never never. It is like a note. *i jumped up and down wen I got it* I all ways go on it. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! If it put I smile on me then I think it may put a smile on you people. I think. GET THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Show everyone in your family you don’t have to. But I will. Your note will never deleted it will save. It is for free that is why it says get that was a fact. And it will let you name what your not is called. THIS IS AMAZING!!!! Good job 👍 *claps* I will never ever forget this app even if I have to delete it I will down load it over and over again. AMAZING!!!! Thank you for reading this good bye 👋🏽. Name of tittel AMAZING!!!!
- Apple Distribution International
- 484.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2019 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.