Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or use your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, CVs, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto-scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Enable Dark Mode to emphasise your content.*
• On iPadOS, use Pages in multiple spaces or edit two documents side by side in Split View.
• Support for new iOS 13 and iPadOS text editing and navigation gestures.*
• Set the default font and font size used for all new documents created from basic templates.
• Use custom fonts installed from the App Store.*
• Capture a screenshot of an entire document, mark it up, then easily share it as a PDF.*
• Access files from a USB drive, external hard drive or file server.*
• Listen to an audio representation of your chart using VoiceOver.*
• Add accessibility descriptions to audio, video and drawings.
• Improved accessibility of exported PDFs.
• Support for HEVC-formatted films, enabling reduced file size while preserving visual quality.
• Select multiple objects by pressing Shift or Command on a hardware keyboard.
*Requires iOS 13 or iPadOS
Ratings and Reviews
I always used Word for years and foolishly assumed that because everyone else did it must be better.
I kept losing parts of documents, it kept crashing, I ended up with multiple versions and sort was hopeless. Every time I opened it it was needing to do yet another update. It was basically unusable.
I switched to Pages and I cannot even begin to express the relief you feel. It is seamless and beautiful. It does take you to think a bit differently at the start but it's worth it. About a week is how long it takes.
The only things really that I wish would improve are - a document map would be helpful, foreign language spellcheck does not always function, and changing the background colour of a page should have one simple button to press rather than a short procedure to follow.
Also, people with Mac's, iPads and iphones should not have to pay twice as I did. The Mac OS version is a different product than the iPad/iPhone version.
I have tried Word for mac again recently and it's still crashing and updating and throwing up errors.
Do yourself a favour. Switch to Pages. You can import and export Word documents so there's no compatibility issue.
Full of bugs and glitches since the last update
I have been happily using this app for years, but the latest iPad version is a constant pain.
The first issue is that all the pages docs stored on my iPad were wiped on updating and only docs saved in cloud storage were usable. I have no idea why this happened so I tried restoring them from a back up on my MacBook and still they wouldn’t open. The app just kept freezing. I finally gave up and deleted and reinstalled Pages hoping this would fix the issue.
It did allow me to access cloud storage in Dropbox, etc but still keeps freezing or crashing completely and now has a number of conflicted versions of the same document which you then have to start working out how to manage - in 30 mins, I managed to acquire 13 different versions of the same document on both the iPad and in Dropbox! This means having to go through and delete the majority. Not sure if working through google docs or similar is proving as frustrating.
It’s great for apps to work alongside cloud storage, but only if access to the documents is consistently good, without that, the glitches make it pretty worthless as a way of working and if I had lost anything really important, I would have been very angry. I’m lucky I keep back ups. If you use pages on iPad at the moment, make sure you have back ups of anything really important or you risk losing it. The last freeze once again stole all the docs on the iPad itself so nothing appeared in the menu.
You should down load this app because it is a very good thing to have. It is AMAZING!!!!!!!! The first time it amazed me I went on it all day an till my battrey ran out . It doesn’t run out of memory you can right any thing you want on it. It is like pages. GET THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! It put a smile on my face. Don’t get it if you don’t want to but I would and I have got it. I am never ever going to delete it ever ever never never. It is like a note. *i jumped up and down wen I got it* I all ways go on it. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! If it put I smile on me then I think it may put a smile on you people. I think. GET THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Show everyone in your family you don’t have to. But I will. Your note will never deleted it will save. It is for free that is why it says get that was a fact. And it will let you name what your not is called. THIS IS AMAZING!!!! Good job 👍 *claps* I will never ever forget this app even if I have to delete it I will down load it over and over again. AMAZING!!!! Thank you for reading this good bye 👋🏽. Name of tittel AMAZING!!!!
- Apple Distribution International
- 479.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2019 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.