Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, tables, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for iPad and iPhone.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon and fill tools, then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
• Convert your handwritten words to typed text with Scribble and Apple Pencil
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and even on a PC
• Share your document publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the document with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• See a list of recent changes in collaborative documents, including when people join, comment and make edits
• Available for documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Create beautiful documents
• Use Screen View on iPhone to automatically display text, images and other elements optimised to fit your screen
• Choose from over 90 Apple-designed templates
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create page templates to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Create footnotes and endnotes, and view character, word and paragraph counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto-scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail or Messages
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, RTF, TXT and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Bring new dimension to your documents with 3D objects in USDZ format
• Make your documents more expressive by adding Stickers*
• See inline predictions for text as you type*
• Easily begin collaborating on a document with others while on a FaceTime call*
• Find and open suggested documents when searching for Pages with Spotlight*
• Drag documents to the Pages icon on your Home Screen to open or import them*
• Use the new Minimalist Report template featuring elegant typography, colours and layout
• Style paragraphs with new options for borders and background colours
• Remove external borders on charts imported from Microsoft Office files
* Requires iOS 17, iPadOS 17 or later
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but requires improvement
Pages is by far the best app I’ve ever used to create all my documents. Not only is it free unlike so many others but it’s also very user-friendly and comes with stunning designs. I use pages for all my college work.
However my only issue with pages is that sometimes it can glitch. Last night I found that an essay that was almost finished and I’ve spent hours working on has mysteriously disappeared from my MacBook. I did save it to my desktop the night before and double checked to make sure it was saved as it does go towards my final grade. Yet even after all that it was missing when I came back to work on it. Luckily I did have my documents backed up in iCloud and I did end up finding it on my iPad. But this was incredibly frustrating nonetheless. Having researched into this issue it’s clear that other people are also having this problem. It’s very disappointing to see an app that is so great and has so much potential fail at being reliable in keeping your work safe. I do hope Apple fixes this issue. In the meantime I would recommend for anyone using pages to back up your work onto an external hard drive to make sure that it doesn’t get mysteriously deleted. I know that’s what I’ll be doing.
Full of bugs and glitches since the last update
I have been happily using this app for years, but the latest iPad version is a constant pain.
The first issue is that all the pages docs stored on my iPad were wiped on updating and only docs saved in cloud storage were usable. I have no idea why this happened so I tried restoring them from a back up on my MacBook and still they wouldn’t open. The app just kept freezing. I finally gave up and deleted and reinstalled Pages hoping this would fix the issue.
It did allow me to access cloud storage in Dropbox, etc but still keeps freezing or crashing completely and now has a number of conflicted versions of the same document which you then have to start working out how to manage - in 30 mins, I managed to acquire 13 different versions of the same document on both the iPad and in Dropbox! This means having to go through and delete the majority. Not sure if working through google docs or similar is proving as frustrating.
It’s great for apps to work alongside cloud storage, but only if access to the documents is consistently good, without that, the glitches make it pretty worthless as a way of working and if I had lost anything really important, I would have been very angry. I’m lucky I keep back ups. If you use pages on iPad at the moment, make sure you have back ups of anything really important or you risk losing it. The last freeze once again stole all the docs on the iPad itself so nothing appeared in the menu.
Intuitive and Versatile
Generally I love Pages which is intuitive and versatile in the main. There are so many good things to say about it that I’m going to concentrate on the couple of things that come to mind this morning that could be better. Not that I think anyone reads and reacts to our reviews but maybe it’ll inspire others to speak out and eventually something may change.
I find it easy to duplicate a file or template on my MacBook. It’s not so easy on the iPad however. I’ve tried various copy and paste attempts and looked for options that make sense. Might be me but I usually give up and pick up the MacBook to start a new file that is a copy of an old one that I want to keep as is. Then I switch to the iPad if I’m feeling like touching a screen.
The other thing is the choices of font types. There are some amazing fonts included in the package. Once you’ve got them though you can’t manipulate then beyond the usual italic, bold, etc. On the hateful Microsoft Word you can create outlines, for instance. I find this really good for posters in particular. Why Apple Mac can’t beat this very basic and not especially well done feature into a cocked hat entirely beats me.
So: excellent, with room for improvement I say.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 458.6 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2023 Apple Inc.