Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or use your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, CVs, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto-scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app but requires improvement
Pages is by far the best app I’ve ever used to create all my documents. Not only is it free unlike so many others but it’s also very user-friendly and comes with stunning designs. I use pages for all my college work.
However my only issue with pages is that sometimes it can glitch. Last night I found that an essay that was almost finished and I’ve spent hours working on has mysteriously disappeared from my MacBook. I did save it to my desktop the night before and double checked to make sure it was saved as it does go towards my final grade. Yet even after all that it was missing when I came back to work on it. Luckily I did have my documents backed up in iCloud and I did end up finding it on my iPad. But this was incredibly frustrating nonetheless. Having researched into this issue it’s clear that other people are also having this problem. It’s very disappointing to see an app that is so great and has so much potential fail at being reliable in keeping your work safe. I do hope Apple fixes this issue. In the meantime I would recommend for anyone using pages to back up your work onto an external hard drive to make sure that it doesn’t get mysteriously deleted. I know that’s what I’ll be doing.
Full of bugs and glitches since the last update
I have been happily using this app for years, but the latest iPad version is a constant pain.
The first issue is that all the pages docs stored on my iPad were wiped on updating and only docs saved in cloud storage were usable. I have no idea why this happened so I tried restoring them from a back up on my MacBook and still they wouldn’t open. The app just kept freezing. I finally gave up and deleted and reinstalled Pages hoping this would fix the issue.
It did allow me to access cloud storage in Dropbox, etc but still keeps freezing or crashing completely and now has a number of conflicted versions of the same document which you then have to start working out how to manage - in 30 mins, I managed to acquire 13 different versions of the same document on both the iPad and in Dropbox! This means having to go through and delete the majority. Not sure if working through google docs or similar is proving as frustrating.
It’s great for apps to work alongside cloud storage, but only if access to the documents is consistently good, without that, the glitches make it pretty worthless as a way of working and if I had lost anything really important, I would have been very angry. I’m lucky I keep back ups. If you use pages on iPad at the moment, make sure you have back ups of anything really important or you risk losing it. The last freeze once again stole all the docs on the iPad itself so nothing appeared in the menu.
I always used Word for years and foolishly assumed that because everyone else did it must be better.
I kept losing parts of documents, it kept crashing, I ended up with multiple versions and sort was hopeless. Every time I opened it it was needing to do yet another update. It was basically unusable.
I switched to Pages and I cannot even begin to express the relief you feel. It is seamless and beautiful. It does take you to think a bit differently at the start but it's worth it. About a week is how long it takes.
The only things really that I wish would improve are - a document map would be helpful, foreign language spellcheck does not always function, and changing the background colour of a page should have one simple button to press rather than a short procedure to follow.
Also, people with Mac's, iPads and iphones should not have to pay twice as I did. The Mac OS version is a different product than the iPad/iPhone version.
I have tried Word for mac again recently and it's still crashing and updating and throwing up errors.
Do yourself a favour. Switch to Pages. You can import and export Word documents so there's no compatibility issue.
- Apple Distribution International
- 479.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2019 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.