Pain Pal is an exciting collaboration between Dr Thomas S. Nasser and ZenZone Interactive. The collaboration aims to offer an effective alternative to opioids alone in the management of chronic pain symptoms.
This life enhancing technology was originally built thanks to awards granted to ZenZone Interactive by the UK Government (via the London Development Agency) and the European Commission (via the European Regional Development Fund).
This allowed us to initially work with the world's leading technologists, neuroscientists and psychologists, in particular Professor Anthony Steed, Dr David Oakley and Dr Val Walters (UCL University, London) & Professor Mick Grierson (Goldsmiths University, London) to create a paradigm shift in how technology can help the masses.
We are all born with an incredible power to control and fight pain and this new, cutting edge technology draws on the support of significant medical research, helping a user to easily tap into that human pharmacy which is accessible to us all.
Benefits of PAINPAL include:
• Manage and control your pain
• Change how pain effects your life
• Think in a new and positive way
PAINPAL provides Mindfulness Based Pain Management as a pre-loaded session to help the brain to learn how to manage and decrease the sensation of pain using a combination of attention, breathing, and acceptance techniques. In addition, PAIN PAL offers further powerful sessions tailors specifically for pain sufferers with the following titles:
* Increase My Mobility
* Get Better at Sleeping with Pain
* Healthy Eating for Pain Management
* Positive Attitude for Pain
WHAT IS MINDFULNESS BASED PAIN MANAGEMENT?
• A new and more useful way to focus your attention towards the sensation of pain
• An aide to help you be more ‘in the moment’ and change how you process pain stimuli
• A method to observe and become more aware of your own experience and responses to your pain
• A breathing style to gain greater control and management of the pain
• A way to change unhelpful past, present & future ‘stories’ that you tell yourself about your pain
• A combination of acceptance, understanding and awareness techniques to proactively combat pain
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS
By downloading the app, you will be entitled to fully use the application for free for 7 days. Thereafter the charge is $4.99 per month or $19.99 per year. You can cancel at anytime.
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Your Pain Pal subscription will automatically renew at the end of each term and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings but refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
PLEASE NOTE: 1) For full functionality, this app requires a brainwave headset sensor to be purchased separately. We use the sensor data in real time to personalize your experience. It is still possible to use the app without buying a headset sensor and users who choose to proceed in this way have reported considerable benefits. If you are unsure about purchasing a headset, try the app first and see if you feel you gained benefit. You can always add the headset sensor afterwards to access the app's full functionality!
Minor fixes and updates
- ZenZone Interactive Limited
- 84.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © ZenZone Interactive Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Healthy Eating for Pain Management £4.99
- 1 Year Subscription £19.99
- Increase My Mobility £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.