A very concise booklet for junior doctors, specialists and general practitioners containing brief, dot-point suggestions for symptom relief in patients with palliative illnesses. Based on the 2014 Isle of Wight Symptom Relief Guidelines by Dr Graham Grove and Dr Paul Howard, this booklet is adapted for the Australian context..
It contains details about the following:
- Medications useful in the last few hours of life;
- Using continuous subcutaneous infusions;
- Using opioids and treating pain;
- Treating respiratory, gastrointestinal, neurological, dermatological and systemic symptoms in palliative patients;
- Treating acute complications of cancer
- And the Gold Coast Specialist Palliative Care team details
This version has been peer reviewed by a number of palliative medicine specialists and updated to include details on hydromorphone, Australia's Palliative Care Outcome Collaboration definitions and a larger list of subcutaneous medication compatibilities.
- Graham Grove
- 9.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Graham Grove and Paul Howard
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.