The Park Cardiff app helps you find a place to park in Cardiff using live information from the Smart Parking sensor system that has been installed into parking spaces around the city.
Using a simple red, amber and, green markers on the live app map, the Park Cardiff App provides accurate information about where you are most likely able to find an available parking space. The Park Cardiff App reads your smartphone GPS based location then directs you to your chosen parking space location.
WHAT CAN IT DO?
Each parking area marker on the map displays a colour and the number of available parking spaces. Simply tapping a map marker will reveal details of the parking spaces in that particular area. This will show you details about the parking spaces such as the hours of operation, tariffs, and other features.
You can find parking spaces either by entering an address or using your current location. You can also see alternative parking places near your preferred destination. You can also get directions to your selected parking location by clicking the directions option which connects the Park Cardiff app to the turn-by-turn application that you already have available on your smartphone.
- Find car parking based on your current location
- Real Time updates of car park availability
- Find car parks based on an address search
- Get turn by turn directions to your selected parking
- Filter parking options by type
- View available parking by map or list
- Connects you to other transport alternatives for your trip
- Includes language support for Cymraeg
To use the Park Cardiff app you will need to have an Internet data connection.
Updated parking history screens
Ratings and Reviews
Like most things Cardiff County driven half baked
Great idea, should be pretty straight forward but totally useless app if you can’t use it. Can’t even get past log in as system refused to send confirmation email to set up account. Only reason for trying is that Cardiff CC have hiked parking prices (so I don’t have enough change any more), card machines out of order (all of them on King Edward V) and phone number quoted stuck me in a queue for 15 mins (all this stood by parking machine in the pouring rain). Pathetic
Didn’t allow me to pay for the space I was in...
Sitting in one of several empty parking spaces, but unable to pay to park in any as there were apparently none available. None of the machines were accepting card payment, so tried - and failed - using this as a last resort.
No idea if it has the same sort of rip-off fees as the other parking apps various councils are using now as I couldn’t progress to the payment stage.
1) where is the point of creating password etc. It’s not like I keep secrets on this app. But a chance someone will hack the app database (and sell emails etc.) is high as guessing no one put too much money to keep app safe and protected.
2) when you forget a password at least 30min of waiting for the link to reset- in 30mins I can find parking space...
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Smart Parking Limited
- 54 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Smart Parking (UK) Limited