Patook is THE strictly platonic friend making app! As seen on TechCrunch, Wired magazine, Geekwire, Engadget, The Sun, The Telegraph and many more.
You were looking for apps to make new friends and ended up on this page.
Maybe you’ve moved in the past few years, live in a tiny (or huge) city, graduated, or just have this gut feeling that there are people out there who would make awesome friends to you, and you to them.
Or you found a couple of other “friend” apps, but then after trying them, realized that they were full of people looking for more than friendship.
Well guess what – Patook is an app strictly for friendships. So strictly in fact, that we have developed our own automatic method to detect when someone is flirting. We’ve even included a no-flirting clause in our terms of service so we ban such users. Any person who attempts to flirt via the app will get their account permanently banned before their message even makes it into your inbox.
The result? Women, men, couples and others on this app have the same goal and the same expectations.
If you’re on Patook, it’s to make great platonic friends. Period.
If that’s not enough to sway you, Patook has proprietary methods that match you to people who are similar to you. That means people who like the same things, and also dislike the same things. It calculates a point score for each user and tells you how compatible you are with them. So, instead of picking your “friends” based on giant pictures of them, you actually look through shared interests and pick which interests you care the most about.
Want even more control? Want to find a friend who speaks French, plays the violin, likes the same shows you do? Patook's point system allows you to give out points for traits you like, and then each user gets a little score shown next to their name.
Give it a shot. Let us know what you think. We’re still new but our users are fantastic. And if you’ve read this far, so are you!
* The matches tab shows you nearby users who you have a good chance of getting along with. Patook is centered around connecting compatible people together. The score shown on the top right is the result of your point system.
* The discussions tab acts as a local bulletin board where user can post various topics, discussions, jokes or rants. Discussions are visible to everyone within your area, so by posting to them you are effectively broadcasting messages to the neighborhood. People can then upvote and respond to the topics and the most interesting topics get surfaced. This helps kickstart conversations between people.
* The point system gives users more control in finding compatible users. For example, you can give 20 points to women, 10 points to people who speak French, and 20 points who are originally from the United States. The point count shows up next to the user's names.
* You can log in with Facebook to speed things up, but you don’t have to.
* Patook takes security and privacy very seriously. We have made as many privacy options as we could think of available. Our moderators are also happy to respond to any feedback from you.
We hope you enjoy using this app. Please feel free to message us if you have any questions or comments about it (please do not send us unsolicited ideas or suggestions), and spread the word.
Join the thousands of people who have made new friends or found a BFF on Patook!
Patook is THE app for making platonic friends. This update makes it even better by adding:
1- Improved, clearer UI
2- Faster performance
3- Conversations now indicate when the user is typing.
4- Revamped flirt blocker
5- Conversation window is now much faster and smoother.
6- You can now send audio chats
Ratings and Reviews
It’s taking some time but I love it
I’ve been on this app for a few months and there’s loads of people to talk to - but it’s the actual ‘making friends’ part that I’m struggling with as everyone either stops replying or the conversation is dead; but that’s not necessarily the app’s fault. The app itself is easy to navigate and you have the option to ‘upgrade’ to premium with credits you earn in the app through ways like messaging people or inviting people to the app so it’s a 0 cost app. I’m going to hang in there and carry on messaging as I’d love to meet some new people and there are very few genuine friendship apps out there like this one!
Review with feedback
I love the app! It’s easy to use when swiping and chatting to people. I like the way you can verify yourself. It makes it feel that little bit safer.
The only feedback I can think of is it’s not as obvious where to set the radius from where you live. It took me a while to find it. Also I don’t think the radius is accurate. I’ll be told someone is less than 20 miles away which should be around 30 minutes but they’re actually around 1.5 hours away.
No support AT ALL
This app is utter tripe. They have no support at all, it’s supposed to be done via bot which doesn’t work. The email support team NEVER reply (if you forget your password, you have to go through email support to get a new one, there is NO automated system so good luck with that)
They randomly delete profiles for no reason at all, but you aren’t told that your profile has been deleted. It still works perfectly normally from your end, you can message people, view people etc... BUT no one will receive your messages or see you looked at their profile as yours no longer exists
Mine was deleted for no reason at all. Judging from other reviews around the web, I am certainly not alone. Avoid this app, probably just harvesting your photos and information
- Patook LLC
- 64.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2015 Patook LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.