PayByPhone is the highest ranked parking app in the world. 12 million motorists use the service to take control of their parking every day. Our app is the one that parks you, lets you extend your parking on the move and sends you smart reminders so you never need to worry about getting a ticket.
With the addition of the Today View Widget and one of the first apps to integrate with the Apple Watch you can keep track of your parking on the move without even opening the app.
* Start parking from your iPhone
* Check your parking with our Apple Watch app
* View your session with the Today View Widget
* Get a fully contextualized experience with our Dynamic Labeling
* Receive local notifications about your active parking
* Receive smart notices in the app, including local events, parking history and traffic information
* Get email receipts to your inbox
* Manage your parking receipts for expenses and accounting
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Thanks for using PayByPhone. We update our app regularly to make parking even easier. Each update includes reliability and performance improvements. We'll also let you know about important new features.
Here is what's in the latest update:
- PBP now supports paying for parking in TfL - NCP lots
- Bug fixes
- Improved in app message handling
Love PayByPhone? Rate our app! Your feedback helps make us better.
Ratings and Reviews
Had to use this method after realising I left my purse at home. Text husband for the card number and security number and was able to ‘pay’ via phone. I have been using it ever since as I never have the right change, never had an issue with it. Another reason why it’s a godsend is that while chatting with friends I lost track of time and was able to whip out my phone and ‘buy’ another hour just in the nick of time - it would be impossible to do so while running to the car park and insert money. Worthwhile app and a breeze to use. Hey, if this techno illiterate can operate it, anyone can too!
You don’t need change but it baffles my wife
Parking by app seems to be becoming the norm in cities these days. Certainly it saves having to ensure that you have the right change, and I find it easier, particularly if you stay longer than expected and you can top it up (subject to the maximum). It is more expensive than coins, however.
The problem is that in order to use it you have to have a smartphone with a data contract, a credit card and a decent signal (not always available). You also have to be reasonably tech-savvy, which means that my wife can’t manage. Since increasingly the pay-and-display machines are being phased out, this means that there are places where she can no longer park.
I also wonder about foreign visitors. I might struggle to cope with a similar system in Italy, for instance. Also I have no idea how the system would cope with non-UK registered cars.
In fact, the more I think about it, the more I am inclined to give fewer stars to a scheme that is not well thought-out.
For that matter, how can you compare apps when there is no choice of which to use at a given site. Indeed, today I have parked at different ends of the same street and needed different apps to do it, all for one local shopping trip.
1. I signed up some time ago apparently but forgot to make a note of what email address I used and what password. I tried to use it again today but as I said I didn’t remember one or other of the above. There did not appear to have a ... ‘ forgot user name or password’ option so I attempted to log in by opening a new account but when I entered my phone number it recognised it obviously from the earlier time and told me to login using my account.... which I obviously couldn’t do.
There was an option to continue without a confirmation text which I pressed but a screen shot up requiring me to enter my phone number.... which I did....back in the loop.
Tried again this time thinking I’d make up a phone number when the continue without confirmation box popped up, but then it asked for an email which I entered......back in the loop.
By now I had been there at least 8 to 10 minutes and was getting late for my meeting. I had no coins. There was no notes option and no credit card option.
In the end I had to create a whole new account but had to make up a phone number and use another email address.
Total crap ...
2 To add insult to injury and really take the pi*s, 2 hours if I’d paid with coins was £3.99 but via this App it was £5.99.
What a rip off.
If you have any option other than this useless, rip off App I’d suggest you use it.
- PayByPhone Technologies Inc.
- 198 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Punjabi, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 PayByPhone Technologies Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.