Accept Visa, MasterCard and Maestro debit and credit cards, get paid with PayPal, track cash and cheque payments and issue invoices simply and securely on your mobile. With no contract, no monthly fees or hidden costs, you can get paid anywhere you do business.
Why PayPal Here™?
More options, more business: gives your customers the flexibility to pay how they want.
All in one: PayPal Here™ is part of our complete payment solution for businesses. Your face-to-face, online and eBay takings arrive in a central PayPal account, giving you more time to grow your business.
Help when you need it: phone and online customer support.
Get started straightaway
Download the PayPal Here™ app, sign up, order your Chip and PIN card reader and connect it to your iPad via Bluetooth.
Pay as you go
No monthly fees or hidden costs. Getting the card reader is a one-off purchase. Then you just pay 2.75% for every payment you accept with Chip & PIN cards or PayPal.*
Security you can rely on
PayPal Here™ uses fully-encrypted Chip and PIN technology and is backed by our world-class risk and fraud management systems. Security standards include PCI PTS 3.0, UKCC Certified and EMV Level 1 and 2.
Features at a glance
* Accept Visa, MasterCard and Maestro debit and credit cards
* List your business in our PayPal consumer app and advertise your business to the millions of PayPal customers
* Issue invoices straight from the app
* Track cash and cheque payments
* Send instant receipts by text or email
* Set up your staff to take payments on your behalf
* Set up product and category lists to make order entry fast and easy
* Scan an item’s barcode with your camera to add it to an order
* Offer discounts and give customers the option to add tips
* Support different tax rates
* View your complete transaction history, daily summary and process full or partial refunds
* Connect a cash drawer and a receipt printer.
For more information and to watch PayPal Here™ in action, visit www.paypal.co.uk/here
* 3.40% +20p for card payments made by swiping the magnetic stripe or manually keying in the card details. The fees listed above apply to domestic transactions. If the payer’s card or PayPal account is from outside the United Kingdom, our standard cross border fees apply in addition. PayPal business account fees apply to all other payments received using PayPal Here™.
Delivery: Delivery of the PayPal Here™ card reader is free to all UK addresses.
This update includes improved support for Epson receipt printers, as well as additional reliability enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good when it works
The app and card reader work well. I managed to use the wrong password and got locked out for over 6 hours. I could not find a way of getting back into the app via my Pay Pal account and lost significant turnover. Things like this need improving. Helpful to be use pay pal balance to pay for stuff.
I am not a business.
While I use PayPal often to lend and collect debts from friends, I am not a business. Every time I attempt to log in to the app it tells me they want to upgrade me to a business account for free, but I am not a business. I am asked to give the business name, phone number and address (which don't exists because surprise surprise, I am not a business). When I click cancel on this screen it goes back to the log in page. When I try to log in it tries to upgrade me. I. Am not. A business.
While I use the service PayPal provides and it is great, the app is currently garbage because I can't sign in on it and it is worthless to me. This is an issue that needs fixing. I clicked personal account when I signed up because I do not WANT a business account because I AM NOT A BUSINESS. Stop assuming I want an upgrade and forcing me to get it.
Update of device
Just updated the device which goes with this app. Unfortunately the guys at paypal do not seem to have addressed the long term issue with the device not going into sleep mode while this app is open. The only way this can be done is to close the app otherwise the device battery drains at an alarming rate. I use mine for working at fairs where I have no electricity so that's no use. I can't log out of the app then back in every time I have a customer- it's too time consuming. I can't trust the device to do a whole day of trading hence the app is not satisfactory.
Other issues I have include having to reconnect the device every time I want to use it and difficulty using it if lots of people are using wifi - it times out making people (and me) nervous.
Loading a day's sales history takes too long so you can't just glance to check.
My device is over a year old so out of its guarantee period.
Charges on PayPal transactions are considerably higher than other, similar devices.
If the device worked as well as it did before the sleep mode issues, I would give the app 4 stars because it is pretty user friendly with a clear layout.
- PayPal, Inc.
- 172.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 PayPal Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.