PDF Squeezer is an easy-to-use PDF compression tool.
It reduces the size of large PDF documents by compressing images and removing irrelevant information. This will help you obtain important savings in bandwidth costs, digital storage costs and network transmission times.
• Simply drag and drop your file into the application window
• Choose from predefined compression filters or create your own
• Batch compress multiple files
• Compress all files in a folder and its subfolders
• Finder, Safari and Preview ad-on available via the share menu
• Support for password protected PDFs
• Automatic compression and save with 'One-Click-Compression'
If you're having questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask for help by following the support link on the right!
FIX: Some files caused the app to crash.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a beautiful little program. It is exceptionally easy and quick to operate and has been written with a great deal of common sense. It’s more an essential than an extra.
If a pdf can be shrunk (and obviously some are already as optimised as the pdf spec allows), it will be shrunk, often with very little visible loss. I love the immediacy of this program: you can see so quickly what is possible with the file in front of you.
Excellent for Receipts
I take a photo of receipts with my iPhone and save as PDF to attach to Quickbooks transactions.
The forst time I tried this app, it reduced a 2.9mb file down to 102kb.
As I do hundreds of these per month, this is a massive space saving and speeds up file upload time and also the time it takes to open receipts in Quickbooks.
Standard tool - used it regularly for years
I have been using this tool for a little over four years now, principally to reduce the file size of fat scans. Why not scan skinny? a) Becasue you don’t always have the orginal to scan; b) because sometimes it’s good to have a hi res version on file but a low file-size version to e-mail.
Main points for me are that:
- it is simple to use;
- there is little visibile deterioration in quality in most cases - even for some significant file-size reductions.
This app lives in my dock and will be there for a while yet. Developer updates are frequent enough. (Cool icon too.)
Wish list? It would be a nice touch to be able to reduce to a specified file size rather than only to a specified resolution or quality. (Maybe there are practical obstacles to this.)
- Witt Software UG (haftungsbeschrankt)
- 14.6 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2012 - 2019 Daniel Witt
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.