Perfect OCR gives you both an accurate general purpose OCR app and a quality document scanner. Now you can scan and OCR your letter-size or A4 documents with an accuracy of 90% or more, edit, copy and store the recognized text, and e-mail your documents as PDF files with text, SINGLE page image, or both together!
NOTE: To ensure the advertised results it is important that you follow the OCR TIPS below (or in the app's help).
"It worked great for me! I translated a whole story in spanish using the espanol language preference and then I copied and pasted it into a translator to get the whole story in English!"
"This app is really very good and I find it to be very accurate!"
>> Perfect OCR users.
Perfect OCR scans your documents using advanced image-processing algorithms to eliminate uneven lighting and shadows and improve contrast. The result is the clearest and most readable scans possible from the iPhone's camera. Perfect OCR also offers SureScan, our proprietary scanning mode that delivers sharper images with less jitter or smear.
Our unique "Email to myself" feature lets you send documents to a predefined address, or even upload them to an online storage service like Evernote or Box.net, with a single tap. Uploading documents to online services via email is fast, secure, and can be done even if you're temporarily off line. Refer to app help for details.
All processing happens on your iPhone, and the confidentiality of your data is never compromised. There is also no subscription fee, and no Internet access is needed to scan documents or run OCR.
PERFECT OCR FEATURES:
• Letter-size or A4 page OCR with accuracy of 95% for model 3GS, 98% for iPhone 4, and up to 90% for 3G
• OCR languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Russian, Polish, Hungarian, Czech and Ukrainian.
• Email multipage PDFs with text, SINGLE page image, or both
• Automatic document edge detection and perspective correction
• Multipage text recognition with accuracy indicator
• Text editing and copy-to-clipboard operations
• Built-in OCR text archive with file sharing via iTunes
• "Email to myself" feature
• Email text and image files (.TXT + .JPG), or save image to library
• Searchable PDFs with document images (single page)
• Preserves simple text formatting
• Option to auto-remove line breaks
• SureScan mode for jitter-free scans
• Simple yet powerful user interface
• Instant brightness, rotation, and color controls
• Compact attachments with adjustable size
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR OCR:
• Make sure your document is flat and well lit. Hold your iPhone still while shooting.
• Always scan documents using "SureScan 3x" mode.
• Glossy paper may not work well (avoid glare).
• When scanning books keep the pages as flat as possible and your iPhone parallel to the surface.
• Perfect OCR cannot recognize handwritten, very large text or spreadsheets correctly.
• Make sure to select the right language for OCR in app settings.
We're constantly improving Perfect OCR, and we value our customers' opinions and feedback. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a problem with our software, please contact us before submitting a comment to the app store. We can solve most of the problems, but we cannot respond to comments.
Email composer button color issue is fixed.
Added four more OCR languages: Polish, Hungarian, Czech and Ukrainian.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very good and does what it states
This app does what it states and does so very well. I would echo others comments on making sure you take the photo with good light to achieve good OCR results. My experience thus far had been very good. Some extra line breaks intoduced in the finished text, though can be edited via the in built editor, a spellchecker would be a useful addition. In addition, for the future, the ability to integrate with google docs etc, share product via wifi, table support, and business card recognition with fields are something to think about. Please do not let my future enhancement wants, distract from your purchase. This app is good and I fully recommend it. No need to upload docs for processing, it's all done on the device, so privacy and security issue are a non issue. Well done.
Just didn’t work
Got it to scan a screen capture jpeg, tried a few different setting but I couldn’t recognise a single word!
If you're as confused about the reviews, read mine!
I thought I was taking a risk paying for this because the reviews I read were Marmite - either love it or hate it!
I have a 3gs and so far I haven't failed to get acceptable results. If I use the surescan (where the app asks for three same shots) then I get much improved results. I've just scanned in a whole A4 page of mixed alpha numerical text and it resulted in a pretty good end result - say 96% accuracy. It mixed up a lot of 0's and O's (zeros and letter O's) but other than that it did a good job.
Yes, the item to be scanned has to be well lit but until the iPhone 4g comes out then what else can you do.
One thing I really like is you can email the results as jpg, PDF, OCR text, both or a mix.
If they work further on the OCR then this app can only get better and better.
The developer, Piksoft Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Piksoft Inc.
- 37.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Piksoft 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.