Do you remember when you learned to brush? Neither do we! It turns out, most people don’t brush properly.
Have you ever wondered how well you are actually brushing your teeth? When you connect your Philips Sonicare toothbrush to the app, you’ll receive personalised insights and guidance as well as tips to improve your brushing habits. That helps you achieve a healthy mouth and a confident smile.
Please note you must have a connected toothbrush to use the app. By connecting to the app, you’ll also receive the latest updates to your brushing experience.
With our most advanced toothbrush – Sonicare 9900 Prestige – the app works in harmony with your brush to access the full range of benefits, including:
- Real-time guided brushing to brush your best.
- SenseIQ to sense and automatically adapt your brushing style.
- Auto-sync to update without your phone nearby.
Your Sonicare app experience will vary depending on which toothbrush you own and where you live:
- 9900 Prestige – SenseIQ, mouth map, personalised guidance and tips.
- DiamondClean Smart and FlexCare Platinum Connected – mouth map with position guidance and missed area notifications.
- DiamondClean 9000 and ExpertClean – SmarTimer and brushing guides.
In the Sonicare app:
Real-time brushing guidance
The Sonicare app monitors your habits, like if you’re reaching all areas of your mouth, how long you brush or how much pressure you’re using, and coaches you with tailored advice. This coaching helps to ensure consistent, complete coverage, every time you brush.
The Dashboard connects to your Sonicare toothbrush to collect your brushing habits. Each day and week, you will receive an accurate, easy-to-read report, giving you the brushing insights you need to improve and maintain your oral health.
Automatic brush head reordering service
Never run out of replacement brush heads again. The Sonicare app monitors your brush head’s actual usage and the brush head reordering service automatically delivers replacements, right when you need them. The brush head reordering service is currently available in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Japan.
This version tailors the app to your brushing habits with customised coaching and tips.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This toothbrush is top of the range and the price for it is justified, there isn’t much difference between an Oral B too for the range and the Phillips Sonicare Diamondclean. The brush heads may be more expensive but the toothbrush handle selects the mode, for the correct brush head something in the technology with some electronic chip in the brush heads. The only thing this toothbrush is missing is a phone holder. I looked up reviews on the Oral B and Phillips Sonicare Diamondclean before I made my choice. The app is great as well and I enjoy using my new toothbrush. Money well spent I say and if you are going to buy one you will not regret it.
Broken (still broken)
Edit: it still crashes after the latest update
Edit: like so many other people the app crashes as soon as it connects to the toothbrush. Maybe time to use the EU rules to ask for a total refund. Pretty poor for this not to be fixed for so long.
It works pretty well for me but there’s a few very basic options that would be so easy to add and make this so much better.
- option to alternate start teeth each time. You have the most toothpaste at the start, so why always start at the same place every single day?
- button to ‘extend’ time in a zone. So while it’s ticking down you could tap a button on the app to add another 10 seconds. It often gets it wrong where you’re brushing and I waste a lot of time either moving so it realises or brushing again.
- option to add extra time for biting surfaces. Brushing back teeth outer/inner AND biting surfaces in the time it gives properly is not easy.
- extended time. 2 minutes is the MINIMUM recommended brushing time by dentists NOT the exact time. There should be an option to extend the time to 3/4 or even 5 minutes. This is made worse by the app only using 2 minutes for deep clean mode too.
I noticed that if you need touch up in 5 zones the brush continues to the 6th while the app says you’re done. I wonder if you took a shortcut in the firmware to fix it to a 2 minute cycle on Bluetooth and that’s also why deep clean is also limited to 2 minutes.
An update made it unusable - but now fixed.
Edited on 18 June: I updated the app with the version released yesterday. Initially it seemed to make no difference, the app still crashed on opening. As a last resort I decided to delete the app & reinstall it. This went well & the app is now working again.
I would give this app 0 stars if I could. I run it on an iPhone XR which I keep updated. I updated this app to version 6 on 4th June and it hasn’t worked since then. It won’t open and just keeps returning to the home screen. I’m obviously not the only one affected but I wonder how many reports it will take before the developers do something. One of their responses suggests always use the latest version of iOS & the app!! which is exactly what’s caused the problem. My suggestion is that they need to do some work to make the app useable again, rather than try to shift the blame to the users.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Philips Consumer Lifestyle, B.V.
- 225.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Koninklijke Philips N.V., 2004 - 2021. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.