Ratings and Reviews
A bit of refining needed
No idea why all the bad reviews??
The app guides you round a thorough clean of your teeth so for nothing else you ensure an equal amount of time spent on all areas. There are 3-4 sections though that struggle to detect that you brushed in that area so this needs some attention. It definitely is a good reminder to brush floss and use mouth wash..... it acts as your guilty conscience!
Overall a great toothbrush and a good app.
Update 5th Jun app broken after update opens and shuts down immediately...where was the quality control??
Broken (still broken)
Edit: it still crashes after the latest update
Edit: like so many other people the app crashes as soon as it connects to the toothbrush. Maybe time to use the EU rules to ask for a total refund. Pretty poor for this not to be fixed for so long.
It works pretty well for me but there’s a few very basic options that would be so easy to add and make this so much better.
- option to alternate start teeth each time. You have the most toothpaste at the start, so why always start at the same place every single day?
- button to ‘extend’ time in a zone. So while it’s ticking down you could tap a button on the app to add another 10 seconds. It often gets it wrong where you’re brushing and I waste a lot of time either moving so it realises or brushing again.
- option to add extra time for biting surfaces. Brushing back teeth outer/inner AND biting surfaces in the time it gives properly is not easy.
- extended time. 2 minutes is the MINIMUM recommended brushing time by dentists NOT the exact time. There should be an option to extend the time to 3/4 or even 5 minutes. This is made worse by the app only using 2 minutes for deep clean mode too.
I noticed that if you need touch up in 5 zones the brush continues to the 6th while the app says you’re done. I wonder if you took a shortcut in the firmware to fix it to a 2 minute cycle on Bluetooth and that’s also why deep clean is also limited to 2 minutes.
An update made it unusable - but now fixed.
Edited on 18 June: I updated the app with the version released yesterday. Initially it seemed to make no difference, the app still crashed on opening. As a last resort I decided to delete the app & reinstall it. This went well & the app is now working again.
I would give this app 0 stars if I could. I run it on an iPhone XR which I keep updated. I updated this app to version 6 on 4th June and it hasn’t worked since then. It won’t open and just keeps returning to the home screen. I’m obviously not the only one affected but I wonder how many reports it will take before the developers do something. One of their responses suggests always use the latest version of iOS & the app!! which is exactly what’s caused the problem. My suggestion is that they need to do some work to make the app useable again, rather than try to shift the blame to the users.
- Philips Consumer Lifestyle, B.V.
- 241.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Koninklijke Philips N.V., 2004 - 2019. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.