This is the most convenient way to access Philosophy Bites on your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad. You're always connected to the latest episode. Instant access, just touch and play!
* About the Hosts*
David Edmonds and Nigel Warburton are the co-hosts of Philosophy Bites.
David Edmonds is co-author of Wittgenstein's Poker - this focuses on a ten-minute argument between Karl Popper and Ludwig Wittgenstein. His other books - also written with John Eidinow - include Bobby Fischer Goes to War (on the notorious chess match between Bobby Fischer and Boris Spassky) and Rousseau's Dog , which dissects the famous quarrel between David Hume and Jean-Jacques Rousseau. His day job is making radio documentaries for the BBC.
Nigel Warburton has written a number of books including Philosophy: The Basics , Philosophy: The Classics, Thinking from A to Z and The Art Question. He is Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at the Open University. He has also made a number of programs for BBC Radio 4, writes a weblog called Virtual Philosopher and regularly leads courses on the philosophy of art at Tate Modern. His latest book, Free Speech: A Very Short Introduction, was published in February 2009.
As an added bonus, you get bonus stuff!
* Access to exclusive bonus content
* Email the show your questions and comments
* Follow the show on Twitter
* Streaming access to play episode from anywhere
* Always updated with the latest episodes- and an archived back catalog
* Download the episodes and play them when offline
* Playback resume (when interrupted by a call or other distraction)
* Favorites (mark the episodes you want to return back to over and over)
* Quick access to all the contact methods for the show
(Please note, not all features are available for all episodes. This app is compatible with the iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone.)
Minor bug fixes and UI updates
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic Phil of Time Interviews!
I listened to the interviews with Mellor on Time and Price on Backward Causation. I had tried hard to understand these issues when a Philosophy student at Cambridge (where both Mellor and Price were!) but I only understood what was going on after hearing the interviews!
Content is excellent. Would really like to see addition to the individual pods e.g. Philosophy of science, ethics, existentialism etc so the pods can be followed as courses. Each pod can belong to more than one thread.
Excellent App, excellent philosophy
This is a really good App - reliable and intuitive. Also an excellent podcast. Fascinating topics discussed with top-drawer philosophers.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wizzard Software
- 21.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Wizzard Media
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.