Phonics Finder is the word search game with 'Mooo-sicality'. Suitable for iPad.
1. It makes a word search using phonic spelling patterns.
2. It fits with UK Curriculum phonics.
3. It makes a different word search every time.
4. Children in the UK spell using lower case letters, this game uses lower case letters.
5. You can enter and remember your own words.
Swipe your finger from start to finish to select a word.
If you're right the word will be removed from the list.
Words only go left-to-right or top-to-bottom.
When you complete the puzzle the funky cow will dance for you. He has moo-sicality!
Minor bug fixes.
iOS 11 ready
Ratings and Reviews
Some great elements but also some mistakes and technical issues
In theory this is a great app as it encourages the children to find clear phonic patterns and is in line with the British curriculum. The kids love the challenge of making the cow dance by finding all the words. However, it is clumsy and often you have to swipe 5 or 6 times before it registers you have found a word and the kids get disheartened and fed up. Also there are mistakes such as
'hairbrush' is spelled ' hairbush'.
Fundamentally a good app but needs tweaking to make it an excellent one.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.