pho•to•cop•i•er (foh-tuh-kop-ee-er): An app that creates a photographic reproduction of a printed or graphic work made with a process in which a new image is formed by the action of proprietary image analysis, color, texture and light.
We have painstakingly analyzed the brightness, color, tone, detail, grain and texture of some of the world’s greatest paintings, photos and historical photographic processes. The DNA of these masterpieces can now be applied to your very own images with PhotoCopier. The color, tone and brightness of the original work are replicated while the texture, grain and detail are simulated.
Make any picture look interesting. Good, bad, ugly—PhotoCopier doesn’t care. You supply the image, we supply the secret sauce. Combine the two and create a new work of art.
- Pick from 91 Academy Award nominated movies including Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, Frankenstein, Gone with the Wind, King Kong and The Lord of the Rings.
- Choose from 72 paintings from artists such as Cezanne, Chagall, Greco, Leonardo, Monet, Rembrandt, Renoir and Van Gogh to name a few.
- Select from 40 Photos by various masters of photography including Abbott, Andreev, Cunningham, Fenton, Nadar, Outerbridge, Stieglitz and Weston
- Try one of 30 historical processes, some of which are Ambrotype, Cyanotype, Liquid Emulsion, Kallitype, Palladium, Salt Print, Vandyke and Wet Plate
- Color, tone and brightness replication
- Texture, grain and detail simulation
- Add a vignette to any preset
- Modify images with presets or sliders
- Edit in portrait or landscape mode
- Quickly search for presets
- Integrated Help
- No arbitrary resolution limits
- Native retina support
Screenshot photos Copyright © www.ronchapple.com
* 64 bit support
Ratings and Reviews
Use it properly and it is great!
Let's get it straight - this doesn't turn your photo into a painted version! It is a photo manipulation app to give you the quality of colour/light in a particular artists style. There are also filters to reproduce different photographic and processing styles. I think it is excellent, just use it as intended!
Indirectly, this is a very clever educational app, as you can't help but learn, more about the paintings, photos and processes which you are choosing to affect your own photo.
It adds an unusual finish to any photo you take.
Like another reviewer, I would love the option, to be able add borders and edges in a future update.
Great art and photo simulations
Produces some really great and unique images based on different artists and photographers. I particularly like the alternative photographic processes it simulates.
For a future version I would like to see appropriate borders and edges added for the alt processes and an image zoom so that effects can be checked prior to saving.
However for version 1 this is a great start.
- Digital Film Tools
- 37.8 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2010-2017 Digital Film Tools, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.