• Suitable for beginners to advanced musicians with all the essential ear training exercises in various levels.
• Quickly develop aural skills by personalising your training by focusing on specific chords, intervals, progressions, scales etc.
• Track progress as you improve efficiently in each ear training discipline.
• A simple intuitive design enables you quickly enjoy ear training and follow the help and tutorials to get most out of the ear trainer.
• Configurable piano which strongly aids connection between visual and aural skills and musical instruments.
• Most popular and extensive ear training with over 1 millions users.
• Highly recommended by professional and student musicians in top musical schools contributing to the design for their own use.
• Ideal for all musicians as you can easily change the instrument sounds.
• No advertising and all the content in this Pro version.
***** interval training *****
Being able to determine intervals between notes in the key skill to playing by ear.
Challenge your expertise by changing the base note or playing the notes together.
This is made easy as it associates an interval with a well known song.
***** chord distinction *****
Can you distinguish between a Major from a Minor chord for example?
There are 100s of chords to differentiate.
You can help your understanding by selecting arpeggio mode to aid chord distinction and selecting highlight to visualise the construction of the chords.
You can challenge yourself by changing the key of the chord.
Work your way quickly and steadily through the levels.
Another exercise to help you fully understand musical theory and composition.
***** higher lower *****
Given 2 notes, can you identify whether the second note is higher or lower in pitch than the first note?
Musicians can train their ears to recognise different pitches.
Whilst this is a beginners exercise, you can challenge yourself by reducing the range of the 2 notes played.
***** pitch training *****
After hearing a pitch, can you accurately play that same pitch on the piano?
This exercise allows your to zoom in on the note using relative pitch skills, and will record how many notes it takes for you to correctly identify. You can easily adjust the difficult by setting a time interval between listening and playing.
***** interval comparison *****
Given 2 intervals, can you determine whether the second interval is wider or narrower in distance?
***** pitch identification *****
A popular test that comes up in music grade aural exams. Given a chord can you identify a specific note/pitch within it? For example, given a C Major chord, can you find the highest note?
***** melodic dictation *****
Listen to a melody and then play it back on the piano. You can make it easier by adjusting the speed and focusing on a few notes at a time.
***** chord progression *****
Can you distinguish a I - IV - V - I progression from a I - V- IV - I? Contains all the most common chord progressions which you will find in nearly all the most popular songs.
***** scale identification *****
Listen to a scale and can you then identify it as a Major scale, Harmonic Minor or Natural Minor for example?
***** absolute pitch *****
Given the same note played at different octaves, can you identify its pitch?
Includes a Learning mode to imprint the pitches into the brain.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is badly built and does not work. The interface is clunky and illogical. The sound has never worked and I am very disappointed. Do not buy, it is a waste of money.
Developer Response ,
Please un-mute the device to ensure sound is heard. Interface uses Nielsen and Material Design principles to make it intuitive.
A God Send
I have real difficulties in picking out a tune and playing by ear but this app is really helping me especially since it has been updated. However I don't think the " tunes" for the intervals are the best as I don't know what half of them are so it doesn't help me. Perhaps more common tunes? Apart from that this is a great app and gets quite addictive!
Works alright for intervals
This app is somewhat helpful for intervals, however there are major issues with other sections of the app. Chord recognition and melodic dictation crash the app every time you try to open it. Not worth downloading for anything other than intervals, and there are plenty of other apps out there which do a better of job of that anyways. Needs an update!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Learn To Master Ltd
- 36.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Learn To Master
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.