Everyone loves to tell fun, engaging, and imaginative stories. Go ahead and make a social story or visual schedule for a child with autism or a slide show of holiday pictures for your friends - Pictello makes it a breeze to create and share! Whether you use the included natural-sounding Text to Speech voices, or record your own voice, Pictello is the perfect tool for visual storytelling.
Each page in a Pictello story consists of a photo or video and some text, which can be read aloud by a Text to Speech voice or your own recorded audio.
Develop literacy skills
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction and Speak as You Type
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills
- Import free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader
Create and playback with ease
- Let students use the wizard to create stories
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story
- Turn on switch access for story playback
- Add your own photos
- Include short video clips
- Record your own voice or sound
Share your stories
- Share with other Pictello users through our free sharing server
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users
Speak your language
- Pick English, Spanish, German, French, Italian or Dutch for the user interface
- Select from over 110 free Text to Speech voices in 29 languages
- Use genuine American, British, Australian, American-Spanish, Swedish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian and Swedish children's voices
- Create interest with fun character and specialty voices
Customize to fit your needs
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes
- Swipe or automatically turn pages
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/pictello
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
Fixed an issue in the the previous release that removed all pronunciations when the app was restarted. This issue is now fixed, unfortunately you may need to recreate the pronunciations you’ve lost.
Ratings and Reviews
The sound recorder does nothing, it should pop open a request for permission. Adding a video causes it to start “compressing” it (even though it is already), but then it just sits there forever doing nothing, without even showing a progress bar, and then the screen turns off. After the screen is put back on the “compressing” task is lost. The interface is hard to understand. There a plenty of cheaper and better alternatives to this app.
Developer Response ,
Hi Hairy_wen, we are very sorry for the issues you are experiencing with Pictello. We were under the impression these issues were addressed in Pictello 3.7. However, as you are running Pictello 3.7, it seems they are not fixed. As we are very eager to fix these issues, please email our team at email@example.com so that our team can learn more about your setup and hopefully address these bugs. Regarding difficulty with Pictello's interface, if you have not done so already, please check out our Pictello Quickstart Manual and step-by-step tutorials (www.assistiveware.com/support/pictello/manuals) for helpful information on using the app. Thank you very much! We look forward to hearing from you soon and assisting you. :-)
The other part to successful AAC
My mum is writing this:
I have purchased this so that my daughter can fulfill her very social activity of telling people stories about her life. As a non-verbal young adult she has a lot of stories and thoroughly loves telling them. Our most recent story is about a trip to Germany. She loved telling her friends and family.
The ability to make and share a story within minutes with up to date/on scene pictures is great. Pictello pulls all the parts together - picture sound and text - to allow my daughter to remember all the fun aspects of an event - a story - in her life.
I have used this programme on iPod touch and iPad, although with iPad I send photos/pics from my iPhone to her email and then develop the story on her iPad.
Also love the sharing feature to send the story to other Pictello users. And of course, receive their stories to read/play over and over.
We thought pictello was a reallly good way of telling someone the story of not only a trip out, but about your life, and what you like to do for fun etc. It is good because it can bring back memories of holidays, and trips out. Also it is so so so simple to use, and very good for people of all ages, especially those who may find it harder to communicate. Finally, we think this is definitely worth the price, and that is why we rate it five stars!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 814.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 AssistiveWare B.V.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.